Oregon last ride of the year

keithu

Weather report looks good, Meeting redfjniner at the Standard station at the top of the Sylvan Hill (Skyline and Hwy 26 ) at around 9:30am.
Would be fine if others showed up!

Baring reports of ice in the passes, we will leave from the meet-up by 9:45am-planning to be in Oceanside by noon.

Ken has an interesting route planned for the return ride-time permitting.

Last chance dance for 2017! I even cleaned my bike...

IMG_0621.jpg

• Supporting Member

Hopefully that route is North out of Tillamook and includes Miami-Foley Rd and Necanicum Hwy. That is my favorite route returning from Tillamook.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hopefully that route is North out of Tillamook and includes Miami-Foley Rd and Necanicum Hwy. That is my favorite route returning from Tillamook.

No, not that way due to time.  Proposing going south a little to Beaver and then east on Blain - Nestucca RV Rd. - Meadow Lake Rd. to Carlton.  It does have 2 miles of gravel, so we will talk about it. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Well, it was a bit chilly, but big fun anyway. redfjniner and I did eventually return via the Miami River Road route.
Temps in the morning between 35 and 41, roads stayed mostly a bit wet, but not frozen, and about 41 to 44 on the way back. Bright sun once over the pass and on to the coastal side. It was lovely at the beach and the chowder at the Jade Cafe was really good.

keithu returned south to Albany by a different route. 

Thanks Keithu for suggesting this ride. It was fun getting out between storms and celebrating the end of the year  with saddle time. 

Here is a picture of the crowd of participants basking in the sun in Oceanside, OR. IMG_0625.jpg

Archived