Grip Heaters How To (OEM)

ULEWZ

I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it seems like I get more vibration through these grips than the originals. I had one hand practically go to sleep just riding a half hour to an errand this morning. I've had that happen before, but usually on long highway drones not little backroads. Anyone else notice this?
Do you still feel you get more vibration through the heated grips? 
Does anyone else notice this?

Never.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Stupid question: I am in the process of installing my OEM heated grips. The first post pics makes it look like the black plastic washer that goes between the throttle grip flange and the inner stuff goes on the outside of the housing.

When I do that the throttle seems to bind. It works better with the washer inside the housing.

What's the correct placement of the black flat washer (large) that is to the left of the throttle grip flange? Thanks.

• Premium Member
Stupid question: I am in the process of installing my OEM heated grips. The first post pics makes it look like the black plastic washer that goes between the throttle grip flange and the inner stuff goes on the outside of the housing. 
When I do that the throttle seems to bind. It works better with the washer inside the housing.

What's the correct placement of the black flat washer (large) that is to the left of the throttle grip flange? Thanks.
It goes on the outside of the flange next to the grip. Maybe you need to loosen up the cable slack? Mine has play inward and outward about 1/16 of an inch.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

It goes on the outside of the flange next to the grip. Maybe you need to loosen up the cable slack? Mine has play inward and outward about 1/16 of an inch.
Thanks.  Turns out my probem was the lower throttle cable had a kind and was not staying on the nylon "wheel" so was getting pinched.  I think I have it ok now. 
Scratched my head how to best route the wires to stay out of the way of the forks but I think I figured it out eventually.

• Premium Member
I just came across this on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_9olQQd700 installation video about grip heaters ....hope will help some people out there....
Most of that video is good, but he failed to show how to route the electrical wire harness loop and how use the plastic piece and little screw to secure it. This video and the How To will help. The hardest part is figuring out the loop and that is what is missing. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The "gentleman" I purchased my bike from removed the black connector for the grip heaters. Simply snipped off with black tape over the extremely short piece of wire left protruding from the wiring harness.

I cursed a little, then I fixed it... ran out of time so the grips aren't installed yet. I wish I could say this was the only problem I've uncovered since purchasing my bike from this "gentlemen" but at this point I think I've got everything sorted out.

Thanks,

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
My OEM heated grips seem pretty well matched for heat with no heat shrink on the left bar. I wonder if Yamaha has 2 different plugs for a reason (send more juice to the left grip maybe?). Make sure your grips plug in to the correct colored plug. I also used traditional grip glue and that may provide a bit of heat isolation vs hair spray. I am happy with mine so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Hey All,

I'm looking to add the oem heated grips to my bike but it seems like yamaha makes 2 different kinds????? The set I am looking at is PN

B67-H29A0-V0-00

Is this the correct part number? or is there a different set that is the integrated heated grips that pops up on the display.

Thanks in advance!

• Supporting Member
Hey All, 
I'm looking to add the oem heated grips to my bike but it seems like yamaha makes 2 different kinds?huh.png? The set I am looking at is PN

B67-H29A0-V0-00

Is this the correct part number? or is there a different set that is the integrated heated grips that pops up on the display.

Thanks in advance!
PN:2PP-H29A0-V0-00

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 months later...

OK, Santa brought me Heated Grips for Christmas, jolly old soul he is! Installed them today and I think I remember the settings in the menu to be;  Low = 3, Med = 5, High = 7. Is this correct?

Got my answer over 'ere;

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!