pattonme

R1/320mm rotor conversion

Has anyone come up with a source for the Caliper spacers for the 320mm rotor upgrade?

Will the Brembo 12mm caliper spacers work?

Thanks!!

He who dies with the most toys wins.

1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

Has anyone come up with a source for the Caliper spacers for the 320mm rotor upgrade? Will the Brembo 12mm caliper spacers work?...

Have a look at wear marks on my rotor, with 11mm spacers and EBC HH pads. It's pretty much edge to edge, with maybe a 0.5mm total float. Extreme Creations also sells 10mm spacers... but you be the judge and decide. Matt (@pattonme) took great care at sizing these properly for us.

image.thumb.jpg.f58775c85068b72fc19b8be773bdf1e4.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif - IBA #66956 - 2015 Yamaha FJ-09

Thanks @piotrek, Looks like I"m going to have to find a machine shop to make me some. I have tried to Email @pattonme but never heard back.

Edited by roadrash83

6 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Thanks @piotrek, Looks like I"m going to have to find a machine shop to make me some. I have tried to Email @pattonme but never heard back.

Can't hurt to email Extreme Creations to see if they will knock out some... 

• Thumbsup 1

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

14 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Can't hurt to email Extreme Creations to see if they will knock out some... 

Thanks @norcal616 , I will give them a shout if I can't get a machine shop locally that I spoke to about it. They said if I give them the dimensions of it  would not be a big deal to do. So I'm thinking if the Brembo 12mm spacers will fit the Tracer, I will buy a set of them and have them copy them in 11mm.  So does anybody know if the Brembo spacers will fit our bikes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks you

Does this conversion work with the 2019 tracers? 

8 minutes ago, ozn3 said:

Does this conversion work with the 2019 tracers? 

Yes, the parts are the same from '14 - '19 FJ/FZ/XSR/MT/Tracer/GT.  Same 298mm rotors.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, betoney said:

Yes, the parts are the same from '14 - '19 FJ/FZ/XSR/MT/Tracer/GT.  Same 298mm rotors.

Awesome! Thanks. Just to summarize the things I’ll need:

A pair of 320mm ‘15 R1 rotors

4pcs 11mm spacers for the calipers

4 longer caliper bolts

am I missing anything? Had to read through the posts haha! 

10 minutes ago, ozn3 said:

Awesome! Thanks. Just to summarize the things I’ll need:

A pair of 320mm ‘15 R1 rotors

4pcs 11mm spacers for the calipers

4 longer caliper bolts

am I missing anything? Had to read through the posts haha! 

Yes, that is all you will need. 

When removing the rotors, use heat on the rotor bolts, they are installed with thread locker. 

• Thumbsup 2

EBC part number for the 15-19 R1 rotors are in 5 styles... 

MD2124X- non wavy- gold middle

MD2124XC- wavy- gold middle 

VR2124BLK- wavy with black middle

VR2124BLU- wavy with blue middle

VR2124RED- wavy with red middle

General EBC price is approx $200-225 each rotor...

OEM 2015-19 R1 rotor part number is (2CR-2581T-00-00) 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Thank you!!! This is next on my to-buy list haha! Got Street Rally foot pegs for now. 

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, ozn3 said:

Thank you!!! This is next on my to-buy list haha! Got Street Rally foot pegs for now. 

If you are looking at improved braking performance, a higher friction HH brake pad offers the best bang-for-the-buck results as a starting point.  Of course a thorough brake fluid flush and bleed is recommended as well.

I'm probably a little late to this party but if anyone is still looking for those 12mm spacers then there are some for sale on ebay that are made by a fellow with the name of ..... matthew-patton!

Originally created for Yamaha FZ09, FJ09, XSR900 owners up-sizing their rotors from 300 to 320mm. Takes a 10mm thru-bolt and has built-in support for 14mm diameter locating pins.

Available in raw or powder-coated a medium gloss black, grooved or plain-sided. Powder-coating has been removed from mating surfaces for reliable engagement.

Can be re-machined to accommodate shorter spacing or different bolt/dowel diameters for flat-fee of $10.

3 bolt styles (taper, hex in plain or black) in 80-85mm lengths available as well. $30 for the set.
  • Pro-Bolt MLSSHX1080F (silver or black)
  • Pro-Bolt MLSSSC1085F

Here's the link

Edited by dazzler24
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I'm probably a little late to this party but if anyone is still looking for those 12mm spacers then there are some for sale on ebay that are made by a fellow with the name of ..... matthew-patton!

Ha... awesome. Exactly what he said he'd do with the left over stock. I am pretty sure though that our OE rotors are 298mm, and the spacers are 11mm. I'd reach out and confirm.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif - IBA #66956 - 2015 Yamaha FJ-09

49 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Ha... awesome. Exactly what he said he'd do with the left over stock. I am pretty sure though that our OE rotors are 298mm, and the spacers are 11mm. I'd reach out and confirm.

I have to say that I'm not personally interested in getting this done,  just thought I'd post for those that might be interested.  On the matter of 11mm instead of 12mm - he does say ...

4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Can be re-machined to accommodate shorter spacing or different bolt/dowel diameters for flat-fee of $10

Anyway FWIW.... 🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1