New GIVI 2122DT Windshield

2linby

just installed my givi 2122DT and immediate results are satisfying. I am 6.2" with 34" inseam and at high screen and seat positions i get slight buffeting just on top of my helmet...planning to add a clip-on to solve it. Otherwise i would confirm 70% improvement over stock. tried various combinations with screen/seat height and top+top seems to do the best for me but the "aura" buffeting will have to be solved. Belgium is cool so no heat issues (yet) 

How easy is the 2122DT to take on/off? I like the stock windshield for everyday riding/commuting but would like something for longer trips.  

4 screws - very easy indeed - but you have an extra support plate with its own fittings which will probably not accomodate many other (brand) screens. to take both the screen and the support plate count for 30min

• 8 months later...

Almost a year with the GIVI windshield and while it is not likely old Concours with a full fairing to protect you in the rain, it is significantly better for wind and rain protection than the stock shield. AS to high speed stability as long as you keep it under 130 you'll do fine..........

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having trouble with their Givi screen coming loose? The two black knobs that are used to adjust screen height come loosen just enough to allow the screen to rattle when hitting bumps or driveway transitions. 

I have a feeling that the slop between the track and 'slide pin' is enough to allow the screen to rock/rotate enough to loosen the knobs. Looks like I'll have to rig up a way to take up this track slop.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Nuckingfuts said:

Anyone else having trouble with their Givi screen coming loose? The two black knobs that are used to adjust screen height come loosen just enough to allow the screen to rattle when hitting bumps or driveway transitions. 

I have a feeling that the slop between the track and 'slide pin' is enough to allow the screen to rock/rotate enough to loosen the knobs. Looks like I'll have to rig up a way to take up this track slop.

If you do a search there is a thread to address the screen height adjustment knobs loosening.

Basically it entails removing them and inserting hardish rubber washers behind the knobs with maybe a washer, I cant remember...

Rubber pads between the Givi bracket and oem plastic and OEM plastic and instruments help dampen vibration.

• Thumbsup 1

On 3/19/2019 at 9:13 PM, Nuckingfuts said:

I placed a piece of double sided foam between the flat parts of the bracket to stop any rattling, but no nothin comes loose. However those knobs are really tough to turn by hand in the awkward position they are in. I'd love it if someone made a mated tool to fit the knob so you could put some leverage on them.

Edited by 2linby

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, 2linby said:

Almost a year with the GIVI windshield and while it is not likely old Concours with a full fairing to protect you in the rain, it is significantly better for wind and rain protection than the stock shield. AS to high speed stability as long as you keep it under 130 you'll do fine..........

Three weeks ago my GIVI shield took a major hit in the bottom left and broke off. A large rock or something in traffic on I-5.  It would have sucked if it was right in the middle as the shield was no match for the flying object.  Anyway. I bought a used Madstad from the for sale section here. A 20" I think (how to measure these things anyway?)  The Madstad is stable at higher speeds and having the adjustments is novel, but I figure once I find the position I like it'll never move. The GIVI definitely had better wind and rain coverage, however the Madstad seems, so far, to be more stable at higher speeds (not that I move fast or anything :) ). And I did remove the fronts from my hand guards. Easy, but you have to use SS washers instead of the lincoln hat style spacers from the factory. Easy enough though.