New GIVI 2122DT Windshield

2linby

• Premium Member
Did over 200 miles again, yesterday. The screen was amazing! I have my SH36 bags on the bike as well. Empty. I'll have to fill them up with gear and see how it affects the ride. Loving this bike so far!
I just installed the Givi2122DT this past weekend. Took it for a ride and initially set it to the middle position, then to the high position (haven't tried it on the low yet). Works real well however I am getting a lot of Helmet Buffing. I'm 5-11 with the seat in the lowest position. Any suggestions to get rid of this are appreciated. 
A 22" Madstad. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just installed the Givi2122DT this past weekend. Took it for a ride and initially set it to the middle position, then to the high position (haven't tried it on the low yet). Works real well however I am getting a lot of Helmet Buffing. I'm 5-11 with the seat in the lowest position. Any suggestions to get rid of this are appreciated. 
A 22" Madstad.
I'm guessing you have had better luck with the Madstad? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? Does it clear the hand guards at full lock? Thanks for the advice, wish I did better research at the outset as I guess i now have to try sell the Givi.
Did you get tinted or clear?

• Premium Member
And they permit not only water heaters but ALSO furnaces in your locale in a garage? Not here or according to the IBC...
That's pretty standard in Oregon. What's wrong with having these in the garage?

And they permit not only water heaters but ALSO furnaces in your locale in a garage? Not here or according to the IBC...
That's pretty standard in Oregon. What's wrong with having these in the garage?
According to what year/chapter of the IBC?  
It shouldn't be under that code to start with, IRC would be the residential code unless its a mixed use or multifamily building.
M2005.2 Prohibited Locations 
Fuel-fired water heaters shall not be installed in a room used as a storage closet. Water heaters located in a bedroom or bathroom shall be installed in a sealed enclosure so that combustion air will not be taken from the living space. Installation of direct-vent water heaters within an enclosure is not required.

• Premium Member
I can't think of a house where my furnace and Hot water heaters were **NOT** located in my garage.

The only problem I run into, is having the the water heater Pilot light occasionally go out when I open the garage door and it is very windy.

*If* it is against the building codes in the US, no-one is enforcing it.

Where else would they go?

• Premium Member
A 22" Madstad.
I'm guessing you have had better luck with the Madstad? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? Does it clear the hand guards at full lock? Thanks for the advice, wish I did better research at the outset as I guess i now have to try sell the Givi.
I am 6'4" with a 32" inseam. The stock hand guards do bump it at full lock, easily remedied with KTM hand guards, which provide an order of better wind/weather protection. I also have a Corbin saddle which sits me at about the high position of the stock saddle. I have the dark tint model, and really like it. Here is a link to some of my ramblings about gear, and why I like it. https://fj-09.org/search/results?captcha_id=captcha_search&who_threads_created_by=623&what_at_least_one=Madstad&who_only_made_by=0&display_as=0&search=Search

• Premium Member
David it is not. But they can be outside with an enclosure to keep the weather off it. I had a gas WH outside in FL at my last house 

Is this the home appliance thread, I'm in the market for a new freezer. :P
BLB

• Premium Member
I am 6'4" with a 32" inseam. The stock hand guards do bump it at full lock, easily remedied with KTM hand guards, which provide an order of better wind/weather protection. I also have a Corbin saddle which sits me at about the high position of the stock saddle. I have the dark tint model, and really like it. Here is a link to some of my ramblings about gear, and why I like it. https://fj-09.org/search/results?captcha_id=captcha_search&who_threads_created_by=623&what_at_least_one=Madstad&who_only_made_by=0&display_as=0&search=Search

Went back and rooted around and found some pics I posted here  https://fj-09.org/thread/122/fj-09-windshield-options?page=28  Also a good look at the KTM hand guards. Hope this helps. 

David it is not. But they can be outside with an enclosure to keep the weather off it. I had a gas WH outside in FL at my last house 

Is this the home appliance thread, I'm in the market for a new freezer. tongue.png
I got a few to choose from  :D .... Architect by trade... get me started on codes and watch out hahaha! Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

• 3 months later...
just installed my givi 2122DT and immediate results are satisfying. I am 6.2" with 34" inseam and at high screen and seat positions i get slight buffeting just on top of my helmet...planning to add a clip-on to solve it. Otherwise i would confirm 70% improvement over stock. tried various combinations with screen/seat height and top+top seems to do the best for me but the "aura" buffeting will have to be solved. Belgium is cool so no heat issues (yet)

I guess it depends on many factors, but I tried all 3 position with both seat combination and it did not work out great for me. Put about 100miles and removed it because of buffeting/vibration issue. I got myself the shorter Givi instead (light smoke) and it is way better. Better than 2122DT and better than oem, still lot of air (clean air) and noise but we are riding motorcycle after all! I might use earplug now.

Archived