Sign in to follow this  
r0man

OEM Touring Windshield - Plastic Screws

Picked up FJ-09 last season and has been really happy with the bike. It came with an OEM touring windshield which was quite useful at highway speeds. End of season realized that one of the four plastic screws got missing. Any ideas where to look for a replacement? 

Picked up FJ-09 last season and has been really happy with the bike. It came with an OEM touring windshield which was quite useful at highway speeds. End of season realized that one of the four plastic screws got missing. Any ideas where to look for a replacement? 

I didn’t like the plastic screws. I went to the hardware store and got some stainless replacements.

I didn’t like the plastic screws. I went to the hardware store and got some stainless replacements.
I have been using the nylon plastic bolts on my FJR's and this FJ for well over 280,000 miles and have not had any problems.  They work, and if you accidentally go forward, the shield will break loose causing less injury to you.  My National came with it's own mounting system, which uses SS bolts, which are larger in diameter then the plastic ones.  I'm using those. 

To each his own, just thought I would share some knowledge as to the benefit of the plastic bolts.

Had same problem - dealer had stock.

This.

I have been using the nylon plastic bolts on my FJR's and this FJ for well over 280,000 miles and have not had any problems.  They work, and if you accidentally go forward, the shield will break loose causing less injury to you.  My National came with it's own mounting system, which uses SS bolts, which are larger in diameter then the plastic ones.  I'm using those. 

To each his own, just thought I would share some knowledge as to the benefit of the plastic bolts.
I swapped em out because I think stainless looks better. As to the windscreen breaking loose if I fly into it goes..... I'm “big boned“ enough that I don’t think that’ll be a problem. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:14 AM, micah2074 said:

Roman , could you please check your inbox , sent you pm