• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tax Return Sale!

• Supporting Member
Aaaaaand my ECU is on it's merry way to Washington. Woo-hoo! 
After firing up the bike this morning with the new Black Widow exhaust, I am now 100% certain a flash is an EXCELLENT idea... It's really in need of better mapping with a much more free-flowing exhaust on there.
Everyone comments on how nice a new exhaust looks and sounds but no one ever seems to mention how they perform.  Did you notice ANY performance increase with the Black Widow?   
Its nice to have a deeper exhaust note, but I'm not dropping significant money on a system, especially the ones for $1100+, without a noticeable boost in performance.  Black Widow claim an increase in performance but offer no Dyno charts on their website. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Aaaaaand my ECU is on it's merry way to Washington. Woo-hoo! 
After firing up the bike this morning with the new Black Widow exhaust, I am now 100% certain a flash is an EXCELLENT idea... It's really in need of better mapping with a much more free-flowing exhaust on there.
Everyone comments on how nice a new exhaust looks and sounds but no one ever seems to mention how they perform.  Did you notice ANY performance increase with the Black Widow?   
Its nice to have a deeper exhaust note, but I'm not dropping significant money on a system, especially the ones for $1100+, without a noticeable boost in performance.  Black Widow claim an increase in performance but offer no Dyno charts on their website. 

Other than my heart rate jumping the first time I keyed the ignition, no idea. LOL

I feel that there MUST be some gains, though, due to how much more free-flowing the design is over stock. I kinda doubt I'll see a dyno in my lifetime, though.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
I feel that there MUST be some gains, though, due to how much more free-flowing the design is over stock. I kinda doubt I'll see a dyno in my lifetime, though.
Once you get your ECU installed and get a decent test ride, do me a favor and post a quick update with your seat-of-the-pants impressions. 
Thanks!

• Premium Member
Once you get your ECU installed and get a decent test ride, do me a favor and post a quick update with your seat-of-the-pants impressions. 
Thanks!

Absolutely will.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
In order to get more exhaust out don’t you have to get more air in? As in less restrictive air intake?

This is just a comment... I’m over loud exhausts. Besides I think the FJ-09 sounds great to me. I love the sound when I twisted the fun right hand grip!
YMMV

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Supporting Member
Before I jump on this deal, is there a time limit on when I can send in the ECU? Bike is buried in storage and I probably won't be able to extract it for the next month or so. Thanks.
Call and ask them when the sale ends. They let you pay for it and then mail in the ECU at your convenience. 

Before I jump on this deal, is there a time limit on when I can send in the ECU? Bike is buried in storage and I probably won't be able to extract it for the next month or so. Thanks.

Sale ends at end of month, but you can pay to lock it in and send it later on. Just let them know this when ordering, I would do so over the phone.

Faaaaaaaaaaaack. 2WDW did their usual stellar job of same-day-turnaround, got it back in the mail on Wednesday.

Good Ol' USPS dropped the ball. Tracking said it'd be here today...nope. Checked tracking history, it's been bouncing back and forth between SF and Oakland.

Hopefully Monday. Could see temporary riding weather first of the week, sure hope it shows up.

• 3 weeks later...
I sent my ECU in a few weeks ago on this deal. Between work and weather today was the first time I got a chance to test out the flash.

Mine is a 2015 with stock engine/exhaust and this flash has been the best money spent on it so far, it's so smooth! The whole rev range feels improved.

The throttle off pogo was bothering me quite a bit before and now I have zero complaints. Great product, thanks 2wheeldynoworks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived