about 2000 miles in

got about 2000 miles on my new FJ, thought I would leave a few impressions. I absolutely love my bike. Way more power than an ordinary mortal needs! first thing that needs to be accomplished though is get rid of the Dunlops. They are sketchy and give no feel. Think it needs a click on the forks and one on the ahock but it still tips easily and transitioms from side to aide are fast and easy.
Yamaha hit a home run with this bike, can't say enough good things about it!

• Premium Member
got about 2000 miles on my new FJ, thought I would leave a few impressions. I absolutely love my bike. Way more power than an ordinary mortal needs! first thing that needs to be accomplished though is get rid of the Dunlops. They are sketchy and give no feel. Think it needs a click on the forks and one on the ahock but it still tips easily and transitioms from side to aide are fast and easy. Yamaha hit a home run with this bike, can't say enough good things about it!
It seems you are in the minority here with regards to the Dunlops. I think they give great feel, turn in, and a neutral feel once in a turn, but I am use to the much heavier FJR. Send the tires my way when you take them off, I will burn the edges on them. 8D 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Im right there with you at about 2400 miles so far and get the same vague feel from the tires compared to the PR2's on my FZ1 . Recently switched to PR4's on the FZ1 and love the mileage I got out of them , but get a squishy feel when leaned over hard in turns . My one and only complaint on the FJ is that the seat felt rock hard for the first 1500 miles to the point I was litterally in pain in the crotch area after my commute of 45 miles each ride . The seat is now comfortable enough that there are no more issues .

• 2 weeks later...
I have only done 300 miles so far must say dunlops have been fine, had Angel ST on my tiger Sport didnt like them wore out in 4000miles on the back, replaced with Metz ME77's those are what i will putting on the Tracer when the time comes.

• 1 month later...
That's a healthy chunk of miles, have you left your bike completely stock? What options did you order and were they worth it (if any)?
I ahve left it totally stock. I haven't really felt like I need to change the suspension setting except maybe a little harder on both ends. I do have the bags, during the week it's a commuter bike. Love the bags!! 

Way more power than an ordinary mortal needs!  
Yamaha hit a home run with this bike, can't say enough good things about it!
I am not sure if 1 sentence counts as "can't say enough good things about it!"  

Other than that it sounds like you really like it. 

Archived