Zero Gravity Double Bubble

birches

Thanks for both, jd.   I see the two bolt-heads behind the screen-mount plate - cunning!   I have some aluminium strip here that would suit, and I'm pretty sure I could cobble together a similar set-up.   I'll wait until the LEDs arrive and then eyeball it and my other options.   I assume you removed the 2 x OE bolts and installed slightly longer ones to accommodate the thickness of the added cross-bar.

I'll pass on the additional bar-style DRL as I never ride (or drive, unless compelled to) at night.   Thanks again.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, wordsmith said:

BTW - I like the location of your two spot/ fog LEDs - high up and well apart.   How/ to what are they secured please?   

I have to disagree, they look to be the perfect height to blind an oncoming motorist, unless they are switched to be able to turn off every time you encounter an oncoming car in the darkness. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 12/23/2018 at 4:02 AM, jdavis said:

This is my cheap eBay screen, works extremely well for me.

20180913-DSC01326.jpg

Mine from AliExpress.com is 29.99 it just went up a 1.99 and just like yours. Mine doesn't have the nice trim piece around it, nice finishing touch they did there. I am happy with the result also. Did a trip riding the Ozarks last fall and it worked excellent.  We road 1680 miles in 5 days. Avg. 336 miles a day in the twisties, just having fun. I found it capable as a touring shield because I was never tired at the end of the days riding. On windy days you don't notice it's on there. Solid, no flexing or pushing the front end around. I see you got the faster red FJ too!

FJ09_9.jpg

FJ09_7.jpg

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

6 hours ago, betoney said:

I have to disagree, they look to be the perfect height to blind an oncoming motorist, unless they are switched to be able to turn off every time you encounter an oncoming car in the darkness. 

Not wishing to scoff at your well-intentioned observation, betoney, but I am perfectly sure that the LEDs mounted in this way could be oriented so NOT to blind oncoming traffic.   The particular type of LED that jdavis has (I had the same once before) has a clamp-style mounting, rather than bolt-through, and this allows quick and easy alignment on the mounting-tube.   

I'm just scratching around looking for a length of aluminium strip that I thought I'd kept to see if it may suit this particular application ... but I haven't got the LEDs yet so plenty of time to eye-ball and ponder!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

17 hours ago, betoney said:

If you read the fitment bit, you would have noticed that they are wired to the 'highbeam', so here in Australia, you don't use high beam with oncoming traffic or following traffic. Pretty logical really.

Archived