New member from Vancouver BC Canada

frank

Hello all,
I am beginning to look for a bike to replace my 07 Ninja 650R and am quite interested in the FJ 09. The Ninja 650R has been a great all around bike and with my Corbin seat and Givi cases it has been a good little sport touring machine. I am looking to replace it with a bike that is nimble in the city but can put on some sport touring miles.  I want a bike  that is reliable, still relatively light, has more power, and has a comfortable riding position/reasonable wind protection...the FJ 09 looks like it would fit the bill.  I will be continuing to check this forum and am especially interested in some longer term/higher mileage rider reviews as well as in any common issues or concerns that may arise.  In a year I may have a 2016 FJ 09!  

Happy riding,
Frank

I came off a Ninja 650 myself, although it was a 2009, and with Givis and a Luimoto seat. I put about 12,000 miles on it over two years and was itching for a change. Same stuff you are looking for, nimble riding, lightness, some wind protection and touring capability.

I love it so far, but with the winter, I have not done any long riding on it yet.

Welcome aboard BTW!  :D

Guest eatpasta
Hello all, 
I am beginning to look for a bike to replace my 07 Ninja 650R and am quite interested in the FJ 09. The Ninja 650R has been a great all around bike and with my Corbin seat and Givi cases it has been a good little sport touring machine. I am looking to replace it with a bike that is nimble in the city but can put on some sport touring miles.  I want a bike  that is reliable, still relatively light, has more power, and has a comfortable riding position/reasonable wind protection...the FJ 09 looks like it would fit the bill.  I will be continuing to check this forum and am especially interested in some longer term/higher mileage rider reviews as well as in any common issues or concerns that may arise.  In a year I may have a 2016 FJ 09!  

Happy riding,
Frank

A bunch of people agree that the FJ ticks just about every single box that we want - hence the reason that the population of this site is exploding.... Yamaha is going to sell A LOT of these bikes!!

Tons of you hosers buying these up!  You guys are going to have the biggest group rides!!

welcome to the site!!

Archived