Acro carbon on tracer

happy01

I just ordered one yesterday and Revzilla install notes say the center stand must be removed.  I removed the centerstand last night, first pulling the 2 springs and then zapping the 2 bolts.  It was very easy to remove.  I will snap a photo with the carbon installed hopefully next week!

I just ordered one yesterday and Revzilla install notes say the center stand must be removed.  I removed the centerstand last night, first pulling the 2 springs and then zapping the 2 bolts.  It was very easy to remove.  I will snap a photo with the carbon installed hopefully next week!
Great look forward to hearing it ! :) Please let us know wow it sounds. I have since removed the silencer on my Akprovic and installed power commander V.  Have not had the chance to ride yet.
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• 2 weeks later...
Whoomp there it is.  I'm happy with the look and the ease of installation and the lower tone rumble at idle.  I haven't had a chance to run it yet with the rain here in the South US.  I still have my AIS enabled as I want to notice the before and after AIS block off plate backfire on decel.  Ill keep you in the loop.pnjDaUt.jpgskQEecs.jpgy8qB1BF.jpg

First test drive today up though about 60 miles per hour in the rain with my acro carbon.  Im happy with the sound of the exhaust and minimal afterfire with the AIS still enabled.  It has a very low bass tone at idle and gets a bit higher pitched with RPM, higher pitched in comparison than my FZ8 with the Leo Vince, of course we are comparing an inline 3 to an inline 4.  With the more open exhaust it likes to run in A mode a bit better than lugging around at lower RPM's.  Overall very happy with the price vs style vs sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I didnt check to see where the centerstand would interfere with the carbon exhaust as I was looking to shed that weight. I did block off the AIS by plugging the hose to the airbox with a rubber plug. It eliminated around 90% of the afterfire on decel. Still happy with the exhuast! I pulled off the red and yellow Akrapovic sticker too.

• 1 month later...
The carbon race pipe won't fit because it does a looptydoo under the bike. You'd have to get under or see it off the bike to get it. Its not even close to having clearance for the center stand. It's also LOUD. If you like that type of pipe the M4 slip and Yosh carbon system are for you. I'm tickled with the akro Ti pipe. Better sound then stock, lighter weight and marginal power gain (also keeps the center stand) 

If your after raw power and lightest weight noise be damned the Carbon Race system is the way to go. With one of Nels tunes on it I bet it will be a monster.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest reeseyboy
The carbon pipe won't fit with the centrestand as you need to fix the can hanger bracket where the centrestand bracket is behind the right side peg hanger. If you remove the stand bracket, the can hanger bracket can go in it's place. I know this because I tried fitting one a few months ago...

The carbon pipe won't fit with the centrestand as you need to fix the can hanger bracket where the centrestand bracket is behind the right side peg hanger. If you remove the stand bracket, the can hanger bracket can go in it's place. I know this because I tried fitting one a few months ago...
So did it look like there was even a CHANCE for the center stand to fit even if someone were a welder and capable of changing the center stand around a little?

Archived