UK Insurance - Tracer not listed

grogsym

Morning all,

In theory I pick up my tracer on Monday.  I went to sort out the insurance just now and the bike was not listed on their database.  So I htought I would use the price comparison sites and guess what...

Has anyone insured a Tracer in the UK as yet?

Cheers,

Greg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning all, 
In theory I pick up my tracer on Monday.  I went to sort out the insurance just now and the bike was not listed on their database.  So I htought I would use the price comparison sites and guess what...

Has anyone insured a Tracer in the UK as yet?

Cheers,

Greg

Yes mine is insured did not have a problem my insurance went up by £40.00 but that was mostly administration charges

My insurance co. said a Tracer is not listed and on my cert. it says MT 09, I have informed them it's a Tracer by email and they replied confirmation of it being a Tracer!
It's being registered on a private plate with a No.'11' in it so they said my tracer was a 2011 >:D
They corrected that and then put the current mileage as 11,000 >:D
They amended that then cancelled my current policy so the tracer started immediately (Feb 16th) so I wasn't insured on my current bike that I use everyday to commute on >:D
Bloody kids in call centres >:D
Sorry for the rant, too many >:D >:D>:D's
Roll on Sunday :) :) (see I can do smiles)

• Premium Member
I have to wait until Tuesday as my dealer closes on Sunday & Monday

I had a bit of a faff with insurance too - my broker is Carole Nash and the underwriter is Markerstein. I rang yesterday to switch bikes and the Tracer is not on the current insurer's database. CNash could provide cover via Aviva though. However, they first contacted Markerstein who agreed to provide cover on the Tracer and gave a small rebate compared to my current XT1200Z. When Carole Nash added their £40 broker fee I had a net charge of just under £20 to pay.

So, if you do have a problem, either go direct to Aviva or ask your broker to get a quote from them.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I had similar issues with Carole Nash, initially telling me the bike isn't on the system and then realising I'm on a bespoke policy so it had to be referred to the underwriters anyway! My dealer suggested I try Highway, but their terms were too restrictive for me - they expected me to chain the bike every time I walked away from it. CN did mange to sort it out and is covered by them.

Just to finish this post off, I too got insurance through Carole Nash. They have a 14 day 'cooling off' period, so if the bike appears on price comparison sites I might shop around. CN were very good though and the level of cover is great. I have to keep my bike in the garage between 10pm and 6am if it is within a quarter of a mile of my property...

between 10pm and 6am if it is within a quarter of a mile of my property...
Ah they were trying to tell me mine has to be in  a locked compound between those times irrespective of where I am. I made a big stink about it saying I'm not a sunny Sunday rider who is home before it gets dark, I tour around a bit  and can't keep it in a locked compound when at a B&B or hotel. I gave an example of an upcoming trip to Scotland, the reply was really worrying - in cases like that I need to inform them when I leave the country!! 
I'm going to clarify this with them, need to advise I will be leaving the country the weekend - I can see the reason for notification for the Euro breakdown cover, but not for theft!

Archived