Sign in to follow this  
stoltecmoto

Now Available: FJ-09 Drop-In Revalved Cartridge Kits

Finally, for all those who have been asking! Patience is a virtue and you've been waiting for a while. You deserve a reward...

DSC_0136.jpg

If you're looking to upgrade the forks on your 2014-2016 FZ-09, 2015+ FJ-09, or 2016+ XSR900, look no further. We took our popular 20 mm Fork Piston Kit and pre-built a stock cartridge so that you don't need to worry about tearing into your own, finding a trusted local shop to do your dirty work, or enduring excessive downtime. If you can follow the factory service manual to remove the factory cartridge, this is a job you can handle!

Kit includes:
[ul type=disc]
[*]Pre-valved stock cartridge - drop-in ready[*]Fork oil[*]Cartridge bolt crush washer[*]Stoltec Moto fork leg decals[*]Drop-in fork springs (optional)[/ul]
For more details, see here: 14-16 FZ-09 / 15+ FJ-09 / 16+ XSR900 Drop-In Cartridge Kit | Stoltec Moto

If you don't have the necessary tools to complete the job, we have some optional tool rentals which will take care of all the non-standard tools:

Standard Fork Tool Kit
DSC_0138.jpg
Details here: DIY KYB Fork Tool Rental | Stoltec Moto

Fork Seal Driver (not required for cartridge installation - only if you're swapping seals).
DSC_0139.jpg
Details here: Fork Seal Driver Rental | Stoltec Moto

Contact us with any questions at sales@stoltecmoto.com

is this for 1 cartridge to replace the single OEM cartridge or is this for 2 cartridges?

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

This is for one cartridge to replace the cartridge in the RH leg. Nothing to mess with in the LH leg other than the spring.

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2018 at 4:50 PM, stoltecmoto said:

This is for one cartridge to replace the cartridge in the RH leg. Nothing to mess with in the LH leg other than the spring.

Is there a video of the process? I have done my standard fork tube on my 1999 VMax but this is inverted. Maybe YouTube? I'll check there too. OR as you say. Check the Service Manual. I have that too, Thanks!

Edited by tktplz

Besides, no matter how much stonk my engine has I'm still an old, slow guy. Takes more than horsepower to fix that.

See here:  

This covers a full rebuild, which is more than you need to do.  But the beginning and end are fully applicable.  Of course, your bike only has one leg to R/R...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, stoltecmoto said:

See here:  

This covers a full rebuild, which is more than you need to do.  But the beginning and end are fully applicable.  Of course, your bike only has one leg to R/R...

OK Cool, let me watch this a couple of times and I'm sure it's not a big deal. I've done regular forks on a 1999 VMax so I am familiar with forks, not inverted forks. Can't be that difficult. Then I will call you to tell you what kind of riding I do, my weight with gear and full packed weight so if you do different pistons/ valves for fluid, etc. for setups we'll get it right. Thanks for the video!

• Thumbsup 1

Besides, no matter how much stonk my engine has I'm still an old, slow guy. Takes more than horsepower to fix that.

46 minutes ago, tktplz said:

OK Cool, let me watch this a couple of times and I'm sure it's not a big deal. I've done regular forks on a 1999 VMax so I am familiar with forks, not inverted forks. Can't be that difficult. Then I will call you to tell you what kind of riding I do, my weight with gear and full packed weight so if you do different pistons/ valves for fluid, etc. for setups we'll get it right. Thanks for the video!

@tktplz  my buddy did the Stoltec fork cartridge swap with new springs on his FJ and coupled with a new shock, it is a very nice ride now. Give them a call, they can help you out, if you don’t have the right tools, they can rent them to you for the job. How cool is that?

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

No, I haven't gone away. I have 2 meets in Arkansas this spring and after that, I'll move forward on the front and rear suspension. I'll have time to take it apart then before Fall events. 

• Thumbsup 1