LIST OF MODIFICATIONS FJ-09 / TRACER 900

kemmotar

• 4 weeks later...
Another big thumbs up for the Bridgestone Battlax S21 tires. For tearing through the mountain and canyon twisties, they are awesome. (and for a "sport" tire, they are great on wet pavement). For summer road trips though, I switch to Pirelli Angel GT for more longevity. I hate that Bridgestone caught on to their rising popularity and considerably jacked up the prices.

I'm sorry but the Battle Ax has nothing on the Michelin Road 5. In wet and dry weather it is really THAT good. May very well be my first 10k+ miles bike tire I've ever owned.

• Supporting Member
Another big thumbs up for the Bridgestone Battlax S21 tires. For tearing through the mountain and canyon twisties, they are awesome. (and for a "sport" tire, they are great on wet pavement). For summer road trips though, I switch to Pirelli Angel GT for more longevity. I hate that Bridgestone caught on to their rising popularity and considerably jacked up the prices.
I'm sorry but the Battle Ax has nothing on the Michelin Road 5. In wet and dry weather it is really THAT good. May very well be my first 10k+ miles bike tire I've ever owned.
Two COMPLETELY different classification of tires. The Road series are advertised as a sport touring tire with emphasis on wet weather handling and performance, the Battleax S21 is a sport tire pure and simple, comparable to the Dunlop Q3. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
yes there is NOT ANY COMPARISON between these tyres.
all the companies have taken the road of wet handling in the sport tyre segment category. even bridgestone, a well famous company focused on dry performance, with their new t31 battlax tyre has switched to wet perfomance, as metzeler roadtec 01 and michelin road 5 (4 before)....
the previous michelin was really awful, have tried it... sold it to a fjr1300 fella.... I installed 3 times S21 BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX... really superb tyre and I had them on for about 13.000 the first time, with mixed use (3 times track: 1 CSS, 1 CSS Ride Day, 1 open intermidiate category trackday) and lots of canyon carving and twisties.... daily commuting weekends and everyday home to work and back...

now i use pirelli rosso corsa II, an even more sport tyre than s21, it is positioned in the market as a race road tyre where you can bring it to the track with good perfomance. of course it wont have the same "lifespan"

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

sold the ohlins steering damper and now I use the GPR v4.
the reasons are 2

1. you cant use either givi or sw motech tankbags... maybe its possible to use the new 3pin system from spanish company SHAD. For me and my daily routine, its a crucial factor and I dont want to use daily a backpack even that I have a kriega r20 and a Givi XS317 Xstream Backpack
2. its really easy to steal it, its really obvious from far if someone checks your bike... if you leave your bike without surveillance its .... somehow risky and dangerous.

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

• 1 month later...
I was also deciding between sport touring and supersport tires (T31 and S21).  Since I don't put as much milage on the Tracer as I used to, I decided to trade mileage/wet grip for traction and installed the S21.  Had a quick run on a familiar road on a dry day and immediately felt that the S21 turned in much sharper and had more dry grip than the T series I used to run.   The bike also feels more agile as the carcass is lighter than the T series.
I did like the longivety and wet weather performance on the T series which the traction remains pretty good even after 17000km (only true for the T30 evo, the predesessor T30's traction would deteriorate noticibly with around 13000km). 

• 1 month later...
there have been major updates will post soon...

180 MPH on a dyno, hmmm. Never new. Those red lights must mean trouble. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• 1 month later...
180 MPH on a dyno, hmmm. Never new. Those red lights must mean trouble. 
not really, you just remove the abs tcs sensor because the front wheel does not rotate like the rear... when you plug it up all good....

there have been major updates will post soon...
I'll be pretty interested in that too. Not sure what is left to do. 
well.... 
the bike is now 133hp.... very happy with the upgrades.. will post photos and proper material soon

• Supporting Member
I'll be pretty interested in that too. Not sure what is left to do. 
well....  the bike is now 133hp.... very happy with the upgrades.. will post photos and proper material soon

Do tell.  I am very curious to hear what is involved in achieving this.

With just the suspension, brakes and sport tires I figured you would be good to go but now you really have my attention.  I am hoping for a significant bump from 4k - 9k rpm.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

well.... the bike is now 133hp.... very happy with the upgrades.. will post photos and proper material soon

Do tell.  I am very curious to hear what is involved in achieving this.

With just the suspension, brakes and sport tires I figured you would be good to go but now you really have my attention.  I am hoping for a significant bump from 4k - 9k rpm.

well in short terms

- reprofiled cams
- ported cylinder head
- higher compression
- ICT (individual cylinder mapping)
- bored throttle bodies
- APE manual cam tensioner

the bike is 133hp (the dynometer is not optimistic at all) now, before the setup was dna filter with modified airbox, ecu custom map with woolich race tools and akrapovic exhaust...
the bike was measured 118 hp... 
will post some photos and videos compared with a similar tracer 900 (fj09) 2017 with similar stuff from the same tuner and a mt 09 (fz09) naked 2017 model... the gains are approx. 8-9 bike lengths...