• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

LIST OF MODIFICATIONS FJ-09 / TRACER 900

kemmotar

2 hours ago, Roguedrifter said:

Sorry if somebody’s asked you about the exhaust already:

i was interested in the Akrapovic also cuz it has the dB killer and fits the center stand.

with dB killer in, is the sound still quiet enough when cruising? Could I still listen to music in my helmet away from max volume or not be annoyed on long trips? How much louder than stock with dB killer in?

i ask cuz I had a Sportster with Akrapovic and loved the sound, but then later regretted the loudness of it on long trips and afraid to wake up the neighbors late at night. 

Having the FJ stock exhaust now, I appreciate the quietness during cruising speeds on the highway. But still want a good grunt when I’m on the throttle...eargasm now and then.

thanks.

I've got the Akro with dB killer. At idle and low RPM it isn't much louder than stock, just a touch. But when you get on it, there's a very pleasant noise, but still relatively quiet. 

I like the Akro, but honestly I do wish it was a touch louder and a lot lighter.

'15 FJ09

5 hours ago, koth442 said:

I've got the Akro with dB killer. At idle and low RPM it isn't much louder than stock, just a touch. But when you get on it, there's a very pleasant noise, but still relatively quiet. 

I like the Akro, but honestly I do wish it was a touch louder and a lot lighter.

Couldn’t you just remove the dB killer insert for louder sound? I agree it should be lighter for the price, compared to the other brands that save way more weight. Thanks for the response!

5 hours ago, Roguedrifter said:

Couldn’t you just remove the dB killer insert for louder sound? I agree it should be lighter for the price, compared to the other brands that save way more weight. Thanks for the response!

The dB killer is welded in on mine. So I could, but it would take some effort.

'15 FJ09

Graves Exhaust- the lightest exhaust on the market I know of... A 12oz can of pop/soda pop is heavier than the headers and midpipe combined 🤩

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

hi,

you refer to which exhaust? the yamaha 2017 or tha akra carbon? all fit the center stand, even the black carbon with a slight modification.

about the noise, if you remove the db killer the short akrapovic titanium is really loud, also it brings some buzzing since it straight down in your ass and the output of the exhaust gaz or fumes (whatever you call it ), is under you.... when you have mounted the black carbon, especially if the bike is tuned, the noise is quiter and the fumes travel with better flow in the pipe. also the noise is quiter since the muffler is positioned further back from you and not under you. 

last but not least, the akra carbon looses only 2 whp with the db killer installed, akra titanium instead if you place the db killer for travelling it looses like 8 or even more.... the afr ratio is also f@cked up ...

from what I understand from your likes, i thing you should keep the db killer, the titanium with it is slightly - marginally louder. not that much to justify the buy. for me exhaust is important if someone tunes his bike or for the other vehicles to hear him (safety reasons).

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

• 1 year later...