Tomorrow is the day!!!

Guest bmidd

So excited to pick mine up tomorrow, dealership called and said the grips came in this afternoon and will be ready in the morning. Making arrangements to drop it off next Saturday (03/07) at Traxxion Dynamics to have it fitted with a Penske 8983 and see what we're going to do with the front end. Did I mention I'm excited!!!! Wife and daughter are at a Girl Scout sleepover so it looks like I'm celebrating alone tonight!!!!

Guest bmidd
Well it made it home today, put 80 miles on it so far. Enjoyed riding around playing with the grip heaters and the modes.

newFJ09_zps5w3pnlqe.jpg

I'm getting one just like it next week. It's still in the box and I'm waiting on the dealer putting it together and installing the heated grips. Congrats on yours, and may all of us enjoy this awesome machine. Just don't get complacent and watch out for homicidal cagers on the roads. Maybe I'll see you on the roads up to the BR Parkway.
My red one was the only red one in my area. I finally got tired of black, silver, or grey bikes. The red one looks great. Anybody want to buy a black 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio?

Guest eatpasta
So excited to pick mine up tomorrow, dealership called and said the grips came in this afternoon and will be ready in the morning. Making arrangements to drop it off next Saturday (03/07) at Traxxion Dynamics to have it fitted with a Penske 8983 and see what we're going to do with the front end. Did I mention I'm excited!!!!
 Thats awesome and man, you're arent waiting for anything!  Upgrade the suspension right off the bat.  I guess it's true what they say; Life is too short for stock suspension

Pyndn_zpsqdinhckr.gif

Guest bmidd
I'm 260# in gear so nothing stock works well for me. Surprisingly this bike did decent for me just riding around except it's really harsh over bumps. There's also no compression adjustment on either end. If I didn't push a bike a bit when I ride then I might get by stock for a while.

Guest eatpasta
I'm 260# in gear so nothing stock works well for me. Surprisingly this bike did decent for me just riding around except it's really harsh over bumps. There's also no compression adjustment on either end. If I didn't push a bike a bit when I ride then I might get by stock for a while.
 yeha im ~235 depending on that weeks burrito intake so stock suspension for me doesnt really cut it either.....

WooHoooo Picked mine up yesterday. Rode the local twisties for 80 miles. Will resume riding tomorrow when the rain ends. It's all I expected, the perfect bike for me. A little too much knee bend making it a little difficult to stand up on it due to 75 year old knees.
My dealer checked with his source and said the speed limiter is 125 mph and is restricted because of some instability at high speed with hard bags attached. I can vouch that it goes to 111 with solid stability, but I don't have the bags.
Otherwise I just enjoyed motoring around through the twisties.
Other than knee bend it's as comfortable as my Moto Guzzi Stelvio, but much more responsive. At 5-11 I easily flat foot it with seat in low position. Very smooth and a nice growling sound.
I'm letting the rain wash off some of the road grime and mud from yesterday's ride.
I'm about 200 lb with gear and the stock set-up worked well for me.

Guest eatpasta
@eatpasta, before or after the bowl of pasta?
oh 235 is BEFORE the pasta.... 
lol8_zpsga4gz4fr.gif

im battling to get and stay below 220 but every time I start training for a triathlon I gain all this muscle weight and go back up again.  Cant win!

Guest eatpasta
WooHoooo Picked mine up yesterday. Rode the local twisties for 80 miles. Will resume riding tomorrow when the rain ends. It's all I expected, the perfect bike for me. A little too much knee bend making it a little difficult to stand up on it due to 75 year old knees. My dealer checked with his source and said the speed limiter is 125 mph and is restricted because of some instability at high speed with hard bags attached. I can vouch that it goes to 111 with solid stability, but I don't have the bags.
Otherwise I just enjoyed motoring around through the twisties.
Other than knee bend it's as comfortable as my Moto Guzzi Stelvio, but much more responsive. At 5-11 I easily flat foot it with seat in low position. Very smooth and a nice growling sound.
I'm letting the rain wash off some of the road grime and mud from yesterday's ride.
I'm about 200 lb with gear and the stock set-up worked well for me.

Awesome!!!  great to hear that you're liking your new bike and getting out and riding it no matter what.  That's the point right? 
    i hope that I can be out riding in the rain at 75 - You're a role model for many of us!

clap_zpsfgkaxqyi.gif

Archived