Project: Alaska Blaster

adv_og_logo.png
ADVRIDER.COM

My generation takes a lot of heat, for everything from being entitled and unmotivated to living at home until 35...

Hey man, here’s a thread about our trip on Advrider  I’ve been meaning to do an FJ-specific thread here but haven’t had the time, in fact that thread isn’t even quite finished yet. I don’t have much time right now because I’m travelling, but let me know if you have any specific questions about my setup or the trip itself  and I’d be happy to answer.

Cheers,

Brendan

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

@octane25 - What a fantastic ride report... thanks for sharing the link!  

I took off on my first big multi-week motorcycling adventure in 1990, when I was 25.  Reading your story as the now 54 year old me, this quote really hit home:  

It's that pursuit for my own definition of success that keeps me going, both at work and while travelling, as my perspective on the important stuff is continuously honed the farther I go on two wheels.

-Brendan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:47 PM, octane25 said:

Got my new tires, decided on Shinko 705's after much research. I looked at the Avon TrailRiders which look great but these won out by being a bit more aggressive (closer to the TKC-70's that I originally wanted) and about half the cost. They will be run for 2 weeks and 8000 km's so I'm not super concerned about having the very best thing. Also a Sena 10S to replace my aging ScalaRider and chat with my friends en route who also have the same system.

What size tire did you go with for the rear? 170/60/R17?

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the link to your ride report... Enjoyed your report very much and goes to show it's not the bike, but the rider.. well.. it's mostly the rider and the Tracer is a very capable and reliable bike.