• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Accessory shortage - a first world problem

wessie

• Premium Member
I'm not sure why Yamaha bothered printing an accessory catalogue. I've ordered the heated grips and side cases. Neither are available with the heated grips not expected until July.

My poor little pinkies are used to being cosseted inside Tucano Urbano muffs whilst being warmed by Daytona heated grips. How will they cope? 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I'm waiting for GIVI rack SR2122 so I can put topbox on my Tracer. I will have to wait till Tuesday to pick up my Tracer...:( Tick tack tick tack...
Hello Tecman. Found your way here from UKGSer, then! Is there going to be a mass exodus? 
Yes, I want the SR2122 and pick up my Tracer on Tuesday. A red one.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I'll wait for the Givi parts as they are half the price of the Yamaha kit

Our supporting Vendor, @motomachines is about to launch Hepco Becker luggage and Racks for FJ-09/Tracer as well as Ermax parts and even a skid plate. Check their board under supporting Vendors as they will be updating their inventory for our bikes soon!

• Premium Member
Our supporting Vendor, @motomachines is about to launch Hepco Becker luggage and Racks for FJ-09/Tracer as well as Ermax parts and even a skid plate. Check their board under supporting Vendors as they will be updating their inventory for our bikes soon!
I don't think they will be very competitive shipping European products back to Europe what with the postage costs and then the customs duty we will get stiffed with :)

I fitted my givi monokey base plate to the Yamaha steel rack

IMG_20150301_231220_zpsbtffy8oj.jpg

Yamaha Steel Rack 

IMG_20150301_231316_zpsrfxpedso.jpg

Givi monokey Base plate  

I was going to buy same Yamaha plate for my bike, but Yamaha dealer showed me their technical note about this mount and it said that it is not designed to carry topbox and max load is 10kg. If you include 3KG weight of topbox, then it leaves you only 7kg for everything else...I'll wait for SR2122...GIVI UK website shows it as £50.20

Hello Tecman. Found your way here from UKGSer, then! Is there going to be a mass exodus? 
Yes, I want the SR2122 and pick up my Tracer on Tuesday. A red one.

Hi Bud,

I followed your advise and signed up here:) I still have GS with me, but that's going once I find some decent offer. There will be some people moving, but I doubt that it will be exodus:)

As it looks like tomorrow will be pissing...I've prepared myself today with stuff from Maplins to nicely wire my BMW Nav V to Tracer...and make a preps for PDM60, which should arrive in next couple of days.

I fitted my givi monokey base plate to the Yamaha steel rack 
IMG_20150301_231220_zpsbtffy8oj.jpg

Yamaha Steel Rack 

IMG_20150301_231316_zpsrfxpedso.jpg

Givi monokey Base plate  

I was going to buy same Yamaha plate for my bike, but Yamaha dealer showed me their technical note about this mount and it said that it is not designed to carry topbox and max load is 10kg. If you include 3KG weight of topbox, then it leaves you only 7kg for everything else...I'll wait for SR2122...GIVI UK website shows it as £50.20

Same here beat me too it.
The yamaha rack is not suitable for a top box as I found out yesterday
The givi rack is less than £50 and made for the job.
In the states yamaha do a rack for the yamaha case but not in Europe for some reason. It's a shame because it looks the bizz compared to that one in the pic above.

The rack is made of high-quality powder coated steel and is very strong just fitted top box and placed 10kg weight inside and did a test ride with no problems

I'm pretty sure it will hold it. I think Yamaha is extra cautious in case of legal action. SR2122 rack from Givi says max 6KG load in top box as well, but I'm pretty sure will hold more. One thing we need to take into account is that the weight at the back of the bike during ride, especially on ondulations on the road, acts as dead weight which could get into resonance and amplify the force, which then could rip of the rack from mounting points.

Same here beat me too it.
The yamaha rack is not suitable for a top box as I found out yesterday
The givi rack is less than £50 and made for the job.
In the states yamaha do a rack for the yamaha case but not in Europe for some reason. It's a shame because it looks the bizz compared to that one in the pic above.

I did ask Yamaha people at MCN show, but all they were saying that there might be one at some point. Apparently Yamaha didn't manage to test it against EU regulations, as in States they can pretty much attach anything to the bike....if you are persistent, you could get one from Ebay from US.

Archived