Accessory shortage - a first world problem

wessie

Here is the link to UK site

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-09-tracer.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=2PP-FRLUG-00-00&year=2015

They say:

Note: The luggage rack is engineered and developed only for general luggage support such as soft bags, etc. It is NOT suitable for installation and mounting of any top cases nor any additonal mounting plates!

Neither are available with the heated grips not expected until July.  

I collected my Tracer yesterday with the heated grips fitted by the dealer. I'll try not make it any worse for you, but they work rather well, integrated into the dash display and operated by the menu and up down buttons. I have been lead to believe the side cases are available from mid March.

I can see there are quite a few back orders for the Givi rails, so suppose I'll be waiting a while for mine. Am curious as to where they bolt onto the bike and if they can be used with Yamaha's semi hard side cases.

SatNav bracket is in the catalogue but no sign of it anywhere to purchase :'(

The rack is made of high-quality powder coated steel and is very strong just fitted top box and placed 10kg weight inside and did a test ride with no problems
I'm pretty sure it will hold it. I think Yamaha is extra cautious in case of legal action. SR2122 rack from Givi says max 6KG load in top box as well, but I'm pretty sure will hold more. One thing we need to take into account is that the weight at the back of the bike during ride, especially on ondulations on the road, acts as dead weight which could get into resonance and amplify the force, which then could rip of the rack from mounting points. 

overloaded rack  ?   :o

pd2426595_zpscq9xjace.jpg

Overloaded%20Motorcycle%20-%2016_zpsx5jpf5yu.jpg

SatNav bracket is in the catalogue but no sign of it anywhere to purchase :'(

I fitted Yamaha Satnav holder last night and attached BMW Navigator V mount as I'm keeping my GSLC Satnav. I'll post pic later. I haven't powered it up yet as I forgot to take crimping tools from work! I also fitted MT09 Tracer Radiator Guard. This one is bit time consuming as you need to take front side pannels ( 2 per side, and plastic bit on the top of the tank). They also tell you to add 2 massive washers and provide new bolt for horn, so it gets further away from radiator.

I was told by my dealer that they are expecting givi racks next week, that's what GIVI UK says.

I fitted Yamaha Satnav holder last night  

Was it one for the MT-09 < 2015 models or for the Tracer, I see in the part number there is 1 digit different - think the other MT's is 000 and the Tracer is 100 - was wondering what the difference is. I've put the Ram mount from my Zumo 550 on the bike, it works very well, might regret buying the Yammy bracket now.  

I was told by my dealer that they are expecting givi racks next week, that's what GIVI UK says.

Very good news, till then I'll have to use my soft panniers 8D

Steve,

I threw box away already, but I don't see it to be any different from the MT09 one. I can see that P/N are different but from the pictures they look the same. I might have kept the fitting instructions, so I can check P/N if it is listed there.

p/n are:
tracer: 1RC234A01000
mt09: 1RC234A00000

and it looks like this on the bike

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U26fThd9Ytc/VPg_UQw3e6I/AAAAAAAAYcg/8NeSyN8V7Xk/w1491-h843-no/IMAG1248.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0Vm78dZveLk/VPg_UWhsidI/AAAAAAAAYcg/GkKkW2nhiZQ/w1491-h843-no/IMAG1249.jpg

I'm not sure why Yamaha bothered printing an accessory catalogue. I've ordered the heated grips and side cases. Neither are available with the heated grips not expected until July.  
My poor little pinkies are used to being cosseted inside Tucano Urbano muffs whilst being warmed by Daytona heated grips. How will they cope? 
Ordered my bike (Norway) Feb.22. Gets it delivered tomorrow. Heated grips, radiator cover etc. mounted by dealer.
Have to wait until June to get my LED plus indicators.

Perhaps the Norwegian vendor have stocked up on heated grips?
You could order them here
Price in £ should be about 142 (NOK 1684)

I don't see it to be any different from the MT09 one.
I might just tell my dealer to go with the MT-09 part number. Just fitted Interphone bluetooth headsets, my lady love couldn't get on with the Autocom wiring. Problem is my Zumo 550 doesn't play nicely with modern Bluetooth so will have to go for newer - never ending!  

You can see why I said this place is bad news for my wallet ;) Maybe I ought to look at that rather than the 590LM (zzz)

My word, am I up to 57 posts already, making a right nuisance of myself here :P

• Premium Member
590LM is too dear - the 340LM or 660LM are being sold off cheap as they are at the end of their production life. I bought the 2610 in the last ever batch and it is still working for me several years later.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived