Tail Bag suggestion

I see a few questions about rear storage ideas, here's what works for me.

Most details you may need will be better explained here,

https://www.saddlemen.com/ts1450r-tunneltail-bag-universal

I have the Saddlemen Tunnel Bag, I bought it about 8 years ago for a different bike. It's done plenty of miles in a range of weather and has held up very well. 
We get the Tracer here in Aus with the panniers included in the price, I just don't always need that much space or need to carry that much weight around.
The bag fits like it was made for the Tracer and holds plenty for one or possibly two day rides,

20180420_104941.jpg

20180420_105022.jpg

20180420_105323.jpg

20180420_105028.jpg

20180516_121152.jpg

20180516_121158.jpg

it doesn't really expand, not like a double zipped suitcase anyway.

it's not a big top box, it's more an alternative to a tank bag I guess, I think it holds about 22 litres which I think converts to .75 of a cubic foot, is that even the right conversion?
Had I remembered I still had this I wouldn't have bothered buying the tank bag.

here's a couple of shots where I've filled it with some towels to better show the size, I usually have some water bottles, a few snacks, a tyre repair kit with mini compressor, thicker or thinner gloves opposite to what I start the day in it. 

20180516_133347.jpg

20180516_133401.jpg

@smifff I don't currently have oem luggage so don't know, are they possible to attach with that tailbag on? That would be a deal breaker for me. Do like the d-rings on top. Would be nice for a bedroll and hammock.
*otherwise might be sold on that sw m.

mftic,

yes the Yamaha panniers will fit with the Saddlemen bag, the sides of the bag will rest on the top of the panniers,

probably not ideal but it does work, also I had to take the rear grab rails off to fit the bag.

sludad's SW Motech bag in the above post looks more fit for purpose to me, a little higher if that matters but certainly a better fit with the panniers and the grab rails can stay on,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/18/2018 at 4:48 AM, sludad said:

SW Motech Bag fits wonderfully and makes a nice backrest too.. Looks good as well..:-)

IMG_0977.jpg

That bag looks really great! 

It looks like it perfectly fits between the stock passenger handles.

Looking at sw-motech lineup, I found the PRO line, which looks kinda sexy to me :

bc_hta_00_304_30000_8_xl.jpg

The PRO Rearbag with universal fit is suitable for use on street bikes as...

If anyone has one of those, or tried it, I'm all ears!

I'm not sure if they're a brand new addition though...

Edited by Xstoff