Bluetooth Comms

Guest dmizer
I use a Sena 20S and while I have not used it as an intercom it is very good for Satnav/Mobile phone communication. Siri works very well. There is one problem though, it seems it is not possible to completely de-activate voice commands, and at high speeds the wind noise in my Shark helmet is so bad that it activates voice command, and every few seconds I get "say your command". I wish I could turn it off, I don't use it (although I use Siri) and I can't figure out if it is possible to just turn it off, or set it so that it is only activated with a button.

The problem is not the volume of the wind, the problem is the motion sensor. Connect to your Sena 20S with the phone app, and disable "motion sensor sensitivity".

My riding buddies and I have been using the Cardo Systems communicators for 5 years. They will work with all their series. We have guys with G4 series, and G9 series. They also have built in FM tuner and can control your smartphone by voice activation. The G9/G9x series can have up to 8 riders, where the G4 series are limited to 4 riders. 1.6km range. Relatively easy to pair with ability to do a quick pair for say a person who isn't normally in your riding group. They are programmable by your PC to unlock all their features. Lots of reviews of them on the net as well.

• Premium Member
I updates my 20S software, disabled voice control and set motion sensitivity to low. Thanks for all the advice. Tested it today with the GPS and it works great. The sound quality is very good. Someone else also mentioned it - the default setting on the GPS is maximum volume, I nearly jumped off my bike at the first spoken direction, but easy to adjust and once adjusted it remains at that level.

Thank you dmizer. I've spent a little more time with the Sena and found that whatever problems I thought I was having have mysteriously gone away.

I'll chalk this one up as operator error. I'm making calls, listening to music, AND using SIRI for whatever. Loving this headset, very happy I put a little more time into understanding it better.

Archived