Flush mount turn signals

Guest redneck

Guest redneck
photo.php?fbid=850903174948857&set=pcb.1050453664971909&type=1&theater
Seeing that we still have a ton of snow here in Ottawa, I've decided to look through my spare parts bin and install flush mount LED turn signals on my new bike.
I've picked these up on ebay last year to install on my FZ1 but they were too small
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motorcycle-Flush-Mount-LED-Turn-Signal-Blinker-Light-For-YZF-R1-R6-FZ-1-Yamaha-/181678190311?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a4cdd2ee7&vxp=mtr The dimensions of the lights are 1 5/8 X 1" and they fit nicely.
[ul type=disc][*]First step, remove the 3 Hex screws to remove the side panel. Do be careful, there's a tab in the bottom of the panel and press fit stud at the top. Unplug the stock turn signal.[*]Separate the side panel by removing the 2 hex screws and the 4 press fit washers[*]Remove the stock turn signal.[*]At this point I cut the wiring to splice the factory connector with the aftermarket light. The black wire is the ground, the blue is for "park" light which I didn't use in this application and the green or brown depending on the side is the turn signal which is spliced to the yellow wire.[*]install new signal light and secure the set plate. I used silicone on the thread so the back plate wouldn't come undone.[*]Re-assemble the panel.[*]Re-install the panel on the bike[*]It took me about an hour to complete the project and cost less than 10$ for a much cleaner look. [/ul]

Seeing that we still have a ton of snow here in Ottawa, I've decided to look through my spare parts bin and install flush mount LED turn signals on my new bike.

Another Ottawan with a parked FJ-09, we need a support group!

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Guest redneck
big time, Wheelsport delivered mine in early feb and it's been freezing ever since. can't wait to take the beast out, it should be a major upgrade from my 05 FZ1. a lot lighter and nimble feeling

• 1 month later...
Nice write up. I like the idea of flushmount LEDs to accent the knuckle guard lights I hope to get soon. Tempted to also run a set in the rear when I swap out taillights. Can someone post a pic of what these flushmount LEDs look like installed on the FJ? I'd like to see how clean the look is before pulling the trigger. Thanks.

Archived