Ermax 50cm Touring Screen

Glad to see this screen is showing up now. I have had it on order for about a month from Moto Machines.
It looks like it uses the same Phillips screws as the stock screen. If so, I don't thing those will strip easily. Just tighten down firmly
with the screw driver. I hope I'll see mine soon!

• Premium Member
Me Likey. Can't wait for mine to show up in light black.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I'm interested in getting one of those when they're available in the US. It's the only windshield I've seen that IMO doesn't detract from the appearance of the bike. It has to work, though.  I'd like to read a ride evaluation.

• Premium Member
Can you hold the stock windscreen up to the Ermax windscreen and take a picture so we can see the size difference? Pretty please?
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Seconded: A review of that screen would be great. Can you move the screen up and down through the full range of adjustment without either of the hand guards hitting the screen at full lock?

Aside from that, your height and evaluation of the wind protection would be great. This is the best looking tall screen I have seen yet.

As for the color, I'm planning on clear too, as I would expect you want to look through that tall screen at times, right? (I'm guessing here--I haven't owned a bike with a useable windscreen in years).

Looks fantastic!

It's just started raining here, so will try and hold the stock screen up against the Ermax one evening after work. If not, it'll be at the weekend. I should be able to give a review of it on the weekend too, as I will have had 5 days commuting with it in place.

It's on the highest setting, and the hand guards don't hit. I will try the lowest setting and let you know.

It does use the same Phillips stock screws, but they're plastic and don't feel like they're tightening up to a solid and firm. I've overturned plastic screws in the past and they lose their bite.......

So far, so good. It's been pretty windy here in the UK over the last few days, so it's been hard to work out whether it's actually doing anything. Anyway, on the least windy day it def pushes the wind further to the sides and at the highest setting the wind clips the top of my lid. I guess that's the price for being 6' 2". I'm going to try lowering the seat to see what happens.

In my humble opinion, it's 10 times better than the stock screen for many reasons.......

• Premium Member
Hi - what was the price from Pyramid as they don't list Ermax products on their website?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
I just ordered the tall screen. Looks like it will do the job and keeps the aggressive looks of the bike. I did notice the screen does have air flow deflectors on the sides; this should improve stability of the steering at higher speeds..

• Premium Member
I just ordered the talll screen. Looks like it will do the job and keeps the aggressive looks of the bike. I did notice the screen does have air flow deflectors on the sides; this should improve stability of the steering at higher speeds..
I've been happy with mine after going through a couple different ones..... 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived