Time for a new front sprocket damped or undamped?

15T front sprocket is the bees knees... you can still easily reach double the national speed limit, unless you need more?

Lol ive made my bike heavier and less aerodynamic so no need for me to cruise over 100mph.

another reason I went w/ 15T is to cure a slightly lazy rpm in 2nd gear from dead stop... I rarely use 1st gear as its to identical to 2nd gear in terms of MPH at shift point( maybe 5mph difference), saves a pointless shift and the possibility of hitting N when going fron 1st to 2nd...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

...I thought you went with 16T and up-sized the rear instead. Change your mind?

I did both.  When I bought the bike I installed a 15T, when I recently replaced the chain and sprockets I went with a stock 16T front and a 47, (+2) in the rear with a 112 link chain. 

The ratio is fairly similar, either way you go its a nice improvement for the way I ride, it might not be for everyone.

So do you feel a difference going this way verses the 15t? sprockets not wearing as fast?

My input with the non-dampened front sprocket is the "wine" got much louder when cruising, running just over a inch of slack on the center stand. The vibrations are much finer now but kind of annoying on the left peg.

None of the dealers in my city had an OEM front sprocket in stock... nor any aftermarket sprockets either. So I ordered an undampened bikemaster steel front sprocket , a JT steel rear sprocket, and a Regina ZRT Z-ring chain from Fortnine.ca
After some pondering (and a good long ride) i decided to stick with the stock gearing.

• Supporting Member

I did both.  When I bought the bike I installed a 15T, when I recently replaced the chain and sprockets I went with a stock 16T front and a 47, (+2) in the rear with a 112 link chain. 

The ratio is fairly similar, either way you go its a nice improvement for the way I ride, it might not be for everyone.

So do you feel a difference going this way verses the 15t? sprockets not wearing as fast?

To me, the 15/45 or 16/47 feels about the same, for the way I ride, both are an improvement over stock.  As far as sprocket wear, I recently changed the original chain and sprockets at a bit over 18,500 miles, while the chain was definitely worn out, the sprockets, especially the rear, looked in very good condition.

The reason I went with 16/47 when it was time for a replacement was the tighter turn radius of the 15t, Ive always heard that smaller sprockets wear out the chain quicker.  Internet nonsense maybe?  who knows, but since it feels similar to a 15T, I will stick with 16/47 from now on.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

None of the dealers in my city had an OEM front sprocket in stock... nor any aftermarket sprockets either. So I ordered an undampened bikemaster steel front sprocket , a JT steel rear sprocket, and a Regina ZRT Z-ring chain from Fortnine.ca After some pondering (and a good long ride) i decided to stick with the stock gearing.
What are you using to break your chain and rivet the new Regina chain? I understand that the solid pins on link supplied with the Regina chain are pretty hard to rivet so you need a heavy duty riveter.  Did you do the job yourself?  I plan to replace the chain, sprockets and rear tire at the same time on my 2016 and I am looking at similar hardware but need to buy a chain tool that will work with this setup. 
Thanks in advance. 

None of the dealers in my city had an OEM front sprocket in stock... nor any aftermarket sprockets either. So I ordered an undampened bikemaster steel front sprocket , a JT steel rear sprocket, and a Regina ZRT Z-ring chain from Fortnine.ca After some pondering (and a good long ride) i decided to stick with the stock gearing.
What are you using to break your chain and rivet the new Regina chain? I understand that the solid pins on link supplied with the Regina chain are pretty hard to rivet so you need a heavy duty riveter.  Did you do the job yourself?  I plan to replace the chain, sprockets and rear tire at the same time on my 2016 and I am looking at similar hardware but need to buy a chain tool that will work with this setup. 
Thanks in advance. 

My parts are still in transit. I was planning on buying a breaker/riveter kit most likely the Motion Pro kit. I didnt know Regina chains were hard to rivet.

Thanks in advance. 
My parts are still in transit. I was planning on buying a breaker/riveter kit most likely the Motion Pro kit. I didnt know Regina chains were hard to rivet.
I could have sworn it said it needed the heavy duty rivet tool, but now that I look at it again, it does not mention it.  It must have been for another chain I was looking at and I got confused (getting old).  My bad.  I was also looking at the Motion Pro chain tool.  Let me know if yours works; I am waiting on a back tire and an OEM front sprocket so I have some time.  Also, if you don't already have one get one of these (well worth the money):  https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-chain-alignment-tool 

I could have sworn it said it needed the heavy duty rivet tool, but now that I look at it again, it does not mention it.  It must have been for another chain I was looking at and I got confused (getting old).  My bad.  I was also looking at the Motion Pro chain tool.  Let me know if yours works; I am waiting on a back tire and an OEM front sprocket so I have some time.  Also, if you don't already have one get one of these (well worth the money):  https://fortnine.ca/en/motion-pro-chain-alignment-tool 

Im tempted to order the Regina Chain riveter tool. I already have a chain breaker and this is almost half the price of the motion pro PBR tool.

+1 on the chain alignment tool.

https://fortnine.ca/en/regina-chain-assembly-and-rivet-tool-805199?gclid=CjwKCAjw9e3YBRBcEiwAzjCJumKMe5_fpBCZ1MLLY5ouQwsNVhJt9lxK21OYFqwOh4wSuosqTfbYQxoCabYQAvD_BwE

Im tempted to order the Regina Chain riveter tool. I already have a chain breaker and this is almost half the price of the motion pro PBR tool.

+1 on the chain alignment tool.

https://fortnine.ca/en/regina-chain-assembly-and-rivet-tool-805199?gclid=CjwKCAjw9e3YBRBcEiwAzjCJumKMe5_fpBCZ1MLLY5ouQwsNVhJt9lxK21OYFqwOh4wSuosqTfbYQxoCabYQAvD_BwE
Was able to find a RK excel tool on ebay used for about $60. Made replacing the chain so much easier!! 
(just checked ebay, there is one on there now)

• 3 weeks later...
20180701_203923.jpg

All finished.
The Regina chain was interesting to install. I chose to use the solid link which involves flaring the pins with hammer and punch included with the chain installation tool. Lots of swearing and a few shashed thumbs later the chain is on and aligned.

Looks good! You're going to add some slack to that chain, right?
My thought exactly!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.