FJ-09 vs. Tiger 800 xRX

has anyone ridden both the fj and the tiger xrx, enough to be able to make observations about the two?  spec-wise, they both check most of the boxes on my shopping list...

or, perhaps, has anyone seen a published comparison review?

paul

has anyone ridden both the fj and the tiger xrx, enough to be able to make observations about the two?  spec-wise, they both check most of the boxes on my shopping list... 
or, perhaps, has anyone seen a published comparison review?

paul

I rode both and now own a tracer.
If I had the extra £1.5k to hand I'd have bought the tiger only because it's british ish and the mpg is awesome (280 mile tank range)
The tracer has more power and the handling is more sharp than the tiger.
Brakes are stronger on the tracer due to radial calipers etc.

I have test rode both Tracer and XRx 800.
Ive had 2 triumphs, Explorer and Tiger Sport 1050, Money wasnt a major issue for me, but on riding both 800 felt underpowered and slower steering than Tracer.

Brakes were much better on Tracer to 800, the Gearbox on the 800 was sweet as a nut, these are just MY opinions you need to test them both out and do it on the same day if you can like I did.

Triumph looked after me very well, and the bikes are as good quality as Japs. + British..however I collected my RED Tracer yesterday it just feels right, and ALL the press love it too.

i have a 2012 Tiger 800 "roadie" and a new FJ09. I've ridden the Tiger 84K miles in three years and love the bike and I also love the FJ. I would sum up the differences as follows: The FJ is lighter and faster and has a better front brake. It is more fun on twisty roads due to those three advantages. The Tiger has a smoother engine with better fueling and a better transmission with a bit more wind protection. Both engines are very torquey with the FJ having the edge throughout the powerband. The Tiger is better on a dirt road with it's 19" front wheel and less exposed engine and exhaust system. The Tiger feels a bit more refined overall. I know the question was about the new Tiger 800 but all the running gear is the same with the differences being the electronics, etc. Hope this helps. This is my first post so I hope I didn't screw up somehow!

i have a 2012 Tiger 800 "roadie" and a new FJ09. I've ridden the Tiger 84K miles in three years and love the bike and I also love the FJ. I would sum up the differences as follows: The FJ is lighter and faster and has a better front brake. It is more fun on twisty roads due to those three advantages. The Tiger has a smoother engine with better fueling and a better transmission with a bit more wind protection. Both engines are very torquey with the FJ having the edge throughout the powerband. The Tiger is better on a dirt road with it's 19" front wheel and less exposed engine and exhaust system. The Tiger feels a bit more refined overall. I know the question was about the new Tiger 800 but all the running gear is the same with the differences being the electronics, etc. Hope this helps. This is my first post so I hope I didn't screw up somehow!
Totally screwed up. You're supposed to be all "the FJ-09 is the only bike. All other bikes are garbage!" Haha kidding kidding. Nothing like an honest perspective from someone who actually knows. Much better than speculation, or the opinion of a reviewer who is likely going to notice far more subtleties than your average rider.  
Nice way to sum up the differences. Haven't ridden a Tiger, only sat on one, but I just felt the FJ would be more nimble and fun in the twisties. Sounds like I'm right. :)

Archived