Low Seat

vic

Hi

Picked up  my new Tracer 900 GT last Sunday. Really loving it, but struggling a bit with the seat height. 

At 5ft6in I’d ordered the low seat, but it really doesn’t feel much lower than the standard seat. Certainly not the advertised 30mm. 

Has anyone else tried the low seat and like me, haven’t noticed much difference from the standard?

I’m reluctant to get the lowering kit, as I did this with my previous FZ1S, and it really seemed to affect the handling. 

Ta

Vic

Hi 
Picked up  my new Tracer 900 GT last Sunday. Really loving it, but struggling a bit with the seat height. 

At 5ft6in I’d ordered the low seat, but it really doesn’t feel much lower than the standard seat. Certainly not the advertised 30mm. 

Has anyone else tried the low seat and like me, haven’t noticed much difference from the standard?

I’m reluctant to get the lowering kit, as I did this with my previous FZ1S, and it really seemed to affect the handling. 

Ta

Vic

Silly question perhaps, but are you using it in the lowest position? I assume the new versions still have the ability to choose a height!

• 11 months later...

New member to the site, also ordered the low seat for my Tracer 900 GT and as mentioned above no difference in height. Will be returning to the dealer. Yamaha shouldn't be advertising the low seat in the accesssory list.

Will be checking on Sargent low seat.

Just wondering how comfortable it is....

• Supporting Member

Hopefully Sargent will have the 900/900 GT seats in production before too much longer; they're still in development at the moment.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)