Continental Road Attack 3 tires

Has any one tried the Conti Road Attack 3 tires on your FJ?  I've heard they are great in dry and wet conditions and warm up quickly. Not thrilled with the stock Dunlops.  They only have 2500 miles on them but seriously considering changing soon.  Would appreciate any feedback you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Think Michelin Road 5 and never look back. Best set owned ever and proven themselves from Florida to Alaska at frequent higher than allowable speeds and frequent deluges. 8100 miles, no punctures. Likely a little more pricey.

Think Michelin Road 5 and never look back. Best set owned ever and proven themselves from Florida to Alaska at frequent higher than allowable speeds and frequent deluges. 8100 miles, no punctures. Likely a little more pricey.
My stock 'laps are about shot (rear) after riding hard in the twisties and about 3500 miles LOL, but PR5's are my likely top choice for replacements.

• Supporting Member
Not thrilled with the stock Dunlops.  They only have 2500 miles on them but seriously considering changing soon. 

I picked up a nail in my stock Dunlop's at 4,000 miles and wasn't upset at all by changing them before they were worn out.  They weren't terrible but not great by any means. 

I have read very positive reviews on the Road Attack 3's but have never tried them myself. 

Honestly, almost any premium tire will be an upgrade from the stock tires, I have used sport as well as sport-touring tires with great results. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yup the road 5s are incredible. I bailed on the stock dunlops at 2900 miles with a bit of meat on them and no regrets.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Don't overlook the Michelin Pilot Roads.  Get the PR2's and save money.  The 2's are equal to the 3's but without added sipping.  As good as any tire on the market.  Personal preference based on over 400K of ST tire use.  But then I'm old. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 4 months later...
Don't overlook the Michelin Pilot Roads.  Get the PR2's and save money.  The 2's are equal to the 3's but without added sipping.  As good as any tire on the market.  Personal preference based on over 400K of ST tire use.  But then I'm old. 

PR2 are not available here any more. PR4 GT and PR5.

I've got to say, M.roads are the tyre that changed the bike. The 4's were a revelation on mine, so impressed (unusual) they're now on my sports bike as well. The handling went up a notch, more grip and more feel in wet and dry. Mileage is so good for a grippy type. The dunlops felt wooden in comparison. The 5's are supposed to be a bit better. I went with 4's as there were some deals to be had due to the 5's coming out, just watch the date stamps if you go that route. 

• Supporting Member
PR2 are not available here any more. PR4 GT and PR5.

PR2's are available everywhere, Revzilla, Motosport, Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC etc. they are about $265 a set

I currently have a set of Road Attack 3 Evos on my FJ... much more grip than the stock tires. Warm up is almost non existent they seem to stick almost immediately. A little more stiff than I thought they would be. Have a set of PR5s in the garage that I will be installing shortly. I have about 8500 miles on the Contis. Good bit of tread left, but kind squared off on the rear and a decent amount of cupping on the front. Overall a good tire, just wanted to give the PR5s a shot due to all the good reviews and I found them on sale.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
just wanted to give the PR5s a shot due to all the good reviews and I found them on sale.

Michelins on sale?  wha..?
Where are these on sale?  I have never seen the Road 5's for less than about $350 a set.

just wanted to give the PR5s a shot due to all the good reviews and I found them on sale.
Michelins on sale?  wha..?
Where are these on sale?  I have never seen the Road 5's for less than about $350 a set.

I don't remember I've had them for several months.. I'll try to find my order confirmation. It's also possible that I'm mistaken.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA