Sign in to follow this  
pattonme

Nitron Adventure shock and Black body option

Nitron makes a 'Pro' shock for the FZ09 (it's not listed, go figure) with a 46mm piston and 16mm rod and all the options you could want: basically NTR3 + RPA. Well, I think may have convinced them to make the Adventure edition official as well. (forum member is getting one on a custom build basis) The Adventure is very similar to the Pro except in valving and probably a better flowing piston.

Is there interest? Price will probably be around $1300 MSRP. 

Recently Nitron has also started building shocks for me with black piston tubes - mostly because they were 6 weeks out on more of the gray and the Z900 community wanted a shock sooner rather than later. Here is a pic.
This too could become an exclusive Forks-by-Matt option if there is sufficient interest.

Z900_NTR2_black.jpg

That thing looks amazing....

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Curious, why wouldn't we just want the FZ version?

'15 FJ09

the FZ09 and FJ shocks are subtly different. They have different SKU. Likely because the valving is slightly different. The FJ is 50lbs heavier afterall and far more likely to carry some honest weight. The 'Pro' is going to be valved for track use, count on it which means trying to use it in ADV roles will be sub-optimal.

Gotcha.

And yes, I remember that struggle on my old Supermoto's.

'15 FJ09

ahhhhhh why!!!!! sigh...temptation... I vote for the Spec Ops favorite color- all black...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Anyone else want one? dropping the RPA will shave $200 from the price. It'll have the threaded second preload collars so they'll be within easy reach.

I'm tempted to order 2 more while they're in the process of building the first. Just hoping I don't get stuck with the inventory for a year...