Sign in to follow this  
pattonme

Attention - change in business processes

In light of the lousy job I've been doing this spring on fulfillment turn-around I am making the following changes.

* shipping in of forks for service/install will only be accepted between Nov and March.

Exceptions are possible but will ONLY be done via reservation (online calendar here) and upon confirmation of kit being built and allocated.

* Commercial items (Andreani, Matris, Andreani, Ohlins etc.) and shock orders (Nitron, K-TEch, Ohlins etc) will be processed in 2 or 3 business days and reflected in Paypal via the 'In Process' state label.

I will endeavor to stock K-Tech and Nitron shocks, Ohlins NIX-30 Street and Andreani fork kits so dependency on upstream suppliers is mitigated.

I would like to continue to be this forum's choice of quality suspension parts at good prices and I hope I can earn back some of the reputation I held previously.

Thank you.

I appreciate the effort Matt. Running a small business is NOT easy, especially where you are probably the sole operator, - taking orders, ordering parts, managing inventory, performing the work as well as packaging and shipping. Not to mention balancing that with primary employment, family and any crisis or health emergency.

Changing policies to benefit your own sanity but also better provide for the customer is a win-win.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

HI Matt,

I am sorry to disturb. It has been 2 months since I order the fork kit. Any updates on my order?

Hi Matt. I am very interested in getting new fork cartridges with your upgrades done for my 2016 xsr900. I've read great things and want to get them done while it's winter season. Please let me know what I would be looking at and what you recommend . I already have an ohlins fully adjustable rear shock on it. Thank you very much. Scott 

I know, I PM'd him in October and we talked about suspension setup. In November I PM'd him back on the same PM/Thread and I never got an answer back. I've gotten other farkles and am getting a Razor Lite rear shock soon and then we will see about the front forks. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

2 hours ago, tktplz said:

I know, I PM'd him in October and we talked about suspension setup. In November I PM'd him back on the same PM/Thread and I never got an answer back. I've gotten other farkles and am getting a Razor Lite rear shock soon and then we will see about the front forks. 

I browse other forums where he used to be active and they have the same experience, he seems to have vanished. 

Unfortunately, his fork work is not his primary job, and often got put on the back burner when he got overwhelmed with work.  I ordered fork cartridges 2 years ago along with several others on this forum, it literally took months to get them built.  The end product was fantastic but his communication (progress updates or returning PM's) was all but non-existent.  Its a shame because I love his forks but I cant recommend his services.

9 hours ago, betoney said:

I browse other forums where he used to be active and they have the same experience, he seems to have vanished. 

Unfortunately, his fork work is not his primary job, and often got put on the back burner when he got overwhelmed with work.  I ordered fork cartridges 2 years ago along with several others on this forum, it literally took months to get them built.  The end product was fantastic but his communication (progress updates or returning PM's) was all but non-existent.  Its a shame because I love his forks but I cant recommend his services.

So I'm going ahead with the K-Tech RCU Razer-R Lite Rear Shock, Matt recomended that and since I'm always by myself and my luggage carry on is 50 lbs or less I'll get 1 without the external nitrogen. For the front I have Cogent Dynamics  or Stoltec Moto. There is also Revzilla with a couple of options with Ohlins, K-Tech has 1 at 900.00. So I'm guessing I'll do that.  With K-tech on the front and rear I come in at 1390.00 or Ohlins on the front with K-Tech on the rear for 1520.00 and the install of the cartridges at the local bike shop. I'm sure I can watch a youtube video or 2 and do the install myself. I can do regular cartridge forks but have never done an inverted fork. It's pretty much the opening of riding season for me here in NW Louisiana so I don't see this happening very soon. 

Anywho, back where we started, sorry to hear that, thanks for the heads up, now I know what to do.  Just wanted to say no slight on Matt. I'm an old guy now but there was a time in my life when life got in the way of living. It happens!!! Make your money while ya can, do this fun hobby work a little later when life slows a bit. 

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

@tktplz  You cant go wrong with the options you listed.  Ive heard nothing but good things about K-Tech.

You dont want to go another full season before upgrading do you?  The shock doesn't take any special tools and if the shop has the tools, the cartridge swap with a fluid change takes them 1 - 1.5 hours?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, betoney said:

You dont want to go another full season before upgrading do you?  The shock doesn't take any special tools and if the shop has the tools, the cartridge swap with a fluid change takes them 1 - 1.5 hours?

I'll be busy riding with 2 meets and 3 of my 3 day weekends to use in the spring. Then the second half of July and August when the days are 97 to 103 and the nights are 80 - 84 degees. That's our summer break. Feels like your riding into an oven. That's when I'll probably do the forks. I'll get the rear shock within a few weeks. After that hot period in the middle of the summer, it's nice till late November early December.  Actually do Deals Gap, NC in September and have another 3 of the 3 day weekends to use up in the fall. I usually ride up thru Arkansas for 1400 to 1600 mile 3 day rides. The Ozarks are beautiful and plenty of roads to ride. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 2/28/2019 at 8:02 AM, tktplz said:

I called him to check on him...but go no answer. We've been somewhat of friends the last couple years. So hopefully he will call me back.

Hoping it's just work keeping him from the forum.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

5 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Hoping it's just work keeping him from the forum.

Me too. Honestly I'm starting to worry a bit..

'15 FJ09

4 hours ago, koth442 said:

Me too. Honestly I'm starting to worry a bit..

I sent him an email 2 weeks ago, got a response asking me a few questions the next day.  I replied with the answers and it has been crickets since. Unfortunately, I was ready to move quickly regarding the suspension and have since gone with another vendor... It's sad because Matt's forks were the #1 on the list...

2 hours ago, jdswan87 said:

I sent him an email 2 weeks ago, got a response asking me a few questions the next day.  I replied with the answers and it has been crickets since. Unfortunately, I was ready to move quickly regarding the suspension and have since gone with another vendor... It's sad because Matt's forks were the #1 on the list...

Oh okay, thanks for letting us know. I agree, I'd rather buy Matt's forks as well, but I'll be going else where.

'15 FJ09