Seattle to Pike's Peak and back.

roderunner

Day 6 we made the turn home and went from Colorado Springs to Grand Junction, Colorado.  This was definitely one of our best days riding, the scenery was amazing and the ride was on the shorter side so we had time to stop a few places.

Map_Day_6.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We stopped for breakfast in Breckenridge and enjoyed the free gondola rides around the resort.  There was a lot to take in - that resort is on a whole different scale than I've ever experienced.

WP_20180625_10_29_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20180625_11_07_40_Rich.jpg

WP_20180625_11_19_58_Rich.jpg

We got to the Bonneville Salt Flats International Speedway late morning and it was a beautiful day.  We had an epic time racing around the salt flats, taking pictures and talking to other motorcyclists.  

WP_20180627_10_47_13_Rich.jpg

DSCN0340.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

Day 9 Twin Falls Idaho to Hilgard Junction, Oregon...we were back on the route we took down.  We would have rather taken a different way than we took on the way in, but anything else was going to either require a lot of seat time or an extra day which we didn't want to do.

Map_Day_9.png

We had one stop to make before hitting the road, I needed to get my chain replaced (for the record I was around 15,500 mi).  It had been acting up for several days and despite our attempts to clean it and keep it lubed, it was done.  I was worried that I might damage the bike so the night before I called Adventure Motorsports in Twin Falls and they said they could get me in first thing in the morning for a new chain.  It was a nice shop and the people were friendly and professional.  They said they would get me a loaner bike so I was wondering, would it be an FZ-10, perhaps a Super Tenere?  No it was an older Suzuki V-twin but it got me to breakfast and back.

The mechanic also had a 2015 FJ-09 (gray) so we compared notes, looked at his mods, etc.  Then he got to work on my bike and we headed for breakfast.  When we got back the new chain was installed so we settled up at the cashier and hit the road.

2831.jpg

Archived