• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windshield for new 900 GT 2018

vic

Many thanks for posting you initial thoughts on the MRA screen, and especially the photo showing the size difference. 
Apologies if I've missed it in an earlier post but what height are you? I'm short, so would be interested to know your height (probably taller than me at 5'7") and if so if you 'scootch down' to my height does it improve the wind buffeting situation?

Cheers

Steve
I don't remember if I posted my height, but I'm 188cm :-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this complaint. It's really the only issue I have with the bike (2019 900 GT) The wind buffeting and noise right at eye and ear level. I'm 6'1" so it might be better for shorter riders but it's annoying the hell out of me. So I just picked it up last weekend and I'm new to FJ/Tracer line. What is the difference between the FJ and the new Tracer 900 windscreens, are the mounting holes different or what? There are several out there for the FJ but don't see much for the Tracer yet other than the one from Yamaha.
  • Thumbsup 1

Hi peripateticmike,

No, unfortunately it isn't any better for shorter riders  :'(  and the FJ09 screens will not fit the GT900. (According to my local Yamaha dealership).

You are right in that not many companies are producing aftermarket screens (or any other products) for the GT900 yet as it is only just coming to market in some Counties so they haven't had bikes to do R&D on. Guess we'll just have to be patient. All I can tell you from personal experience is that FJ09 rear huggers won't fit the GT900 but front fender extenders will (identical front mudguard between the two models).

I'm looking forward to seeing Vic's MRA screen 'in the flesh' on Saturday, but will probably wait until the Puig one comes out to compare before I pull the trigger.

Enjoy your GT900, ride safe (and with earplugs until you get a new screen)

Cheers

Steve

Funny you should say that.........after a bird strike took out the screen of my GT900 a couple of hours after picking it up from the dealership (yes really) I found riding the GT900 without a screen was better than with the OEM screen up to about 40-50mph.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Vic,

Great to meet you, the MRA screen really changes the look of the GT900, a much sportier look (shame it only improves the 'screen issue' rather than cures it).

I look forward to seeing you again soon..

IMG_4843.jpgIMG_4844.jpgIMG_4845.jpgIMG_4846.jpgIMG_4847.jpgIMG_4848.jpgIMG_4849.jpg

Cheers

Steve
  • Thumbsup 1

Ermax sports screen. 
It's still very noisy while riding but at least it solves the problem of turbulent airflow around the helmet...

20180721_104107.jpg20180720_145817.jpg

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

That MRA screen does look pretty good on there! I wish we had more than 1 color choice here in the states for the GT, that blue looks killer! Another thing I noticed, how come we get the big ugly turn signals that have been around forever here in the states, and the euro spec'd bikes get the nicer looking, sleeker clear turn signals? I don't get why there is a difference. It can't be regulations of lens color, because my FZ has similar clear ones.

Yamaha%20Tracer%20900%20GT%20-%20Floating%20Wing-X3.jpg?resize=881%2C588&ssl=1