Windshield for new 900 GT 2018

vic

gerdawg, have you got any pics of the MRA spoiler on the standard screen (would ne good to see how it looks). I've had the MRA vario screen on two of my past bikes and definitely feel that it made a difference.

I thought that Vic's MRA screen (without the lip) looked excellent and gave the bike a much sportier look. However, I suspect that the way it slopes backwards means that it isn't going to solve the screen issue, adding (or getting the version with the lip) might.

Cheers
Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I picked up the Yamaha accessory touring screen today and it's a bust for me. It helped quite a bit with the noise, but the buffeting moved from hitting me square at eye/ear level to hitting the top of my helmet so I'm still getting my helmet slammed around. I took it off after a 10 mile ride. I'm going to ride the bike without a screen at all! F it. It's a little better, but not $200US worth of better. I'm going to return it and wait for the Puig one to come out I think.
  • Thumbsup 1

I may be in the same boat. Just bought the yamaha screen. I'm 5'11" and it feels like it hits me square in the forehead. Haven't had a chance to take it out on the highway so I'm saving reservations until then but I might also be returning or selling on here to someone if they fit a different criteria and wanted to try it. It isn't a horrible looking shield either...looks decent on the bike but I believe the MRA screen on the stock ended up being functionally better.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Haven't had a chance to get it on the highway but will update as soon as I do. So far short jolts it doesn't seem like it solves the air hitting my helmet directly on. Time will tell. I may juts bit the bullet and buy some type of diverting shield to screw into it.

I'm running now with no screen and it's better than both of shields. Might grab some lexan and have it laser cut just to make a good summer shield.
 That's exactly what I'm doing haha.  I still think I'm going to try that MRA clamp on spoiler with the stocker. My commute is 30 miles each way and all highway, 80+mph. I really need some wind protection. 

BTW, I returned the touring shield to the dealer today actually. While I was there, they had a left over FJ still and I confirmed that the FJ and Tracer windscreen mounting holes are 100% different. Aftermarket FJ screens will NOT bolt up, unless you drill your own holes. 

The MRA was the best so far with stock shield. Might have been great with touring but I'm not shelling out 400 bills just to try it. Rather get a shorty calsci and touring for 325. Can't wait till more aftermarket stuff comes out.

The MRA was the best so far with stock shield. Might have been great with touring but I'm not shelling out 400 bills just to try it. Rather get a shorty calsci and touring for 325. Can't wait till more aftermarket stuff comes out.
Where are you getting $400? Isn't this the same one?

https://www.amazon.com/MRA-MRA-XCC-0-X-Creen-Variable-Windscreen/dp/B00HH13I3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533437581&sr=8-1&keywords=mra+windscreen+spoiler

Also found this one, it's about 5 inches shorter in width. I measured the stock one and it's just under 11 inches and the very top

https://www.amazon.com/MRA-4025066139361-Universal-Attachment-Windscreen/dp/B00EQ9FSDU/ref=pd_sbs_263_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00EQ9FSDU&pd_rd_r=b210e3a7-985a-11e8-a47b-35024c595577&pd_rd_w=TLAit&pd_rd_wg=N65vU&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f9e73f8b-e90f-46a6-8123-a09c49edb7a8&pf_rd_r=ZYXD2STG6V946G1HXFKV&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=ZYXD2STG6V946G1HXFKV

I was stating touring screen 180+MRA 170 for ctx version. Worked fine on stock screen but still wasn't where I'd like it to be. Would probably be perfect with touring screen but I'm not willing to Shell out that much for one screen.

Oh, goctha. I think I might try that cheaper spoiler and when the puig comes out I'll get that one. I believe it's going to be 6 inches taller than stock, compared to the yammy touring one which is 3 inches taller. I'm going to get this screen issues licked or I'm gonna have to sell the bike, it's annoying me that much!