Windshield for new 900 GT 2018

vic

Madstad is yer friend.....just sayin'.....
peporter, have you got a Madstad screen model number for the GT900? Couldn't see one on their website. Thanks. 
Cheers
Steve
I'm sure they're working on one.

'15 FJ09

I got that MRA spoiler with the stock screen and I'm sending it back. Messed around with it all weekend, the only place that it was actually working well for me was in a full straight up extended position. But it was moving around so much I thought it was going to break the stock screen haha. I also tried setting it horizontally like a "T", it sent the dirty air to my collar bone area, which was better since now my helmet was in clean air. But, it was still too noisy and it looks ridiculous! Back to the drawing board for me.
Well that sucks :(
On a happier note I just received notification that my CALSCI screen shipped. I should have a review on the shorty and tall in the near future!
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

I got that MRA spoiler with the stock screen and I'm sending it back. Messed around with it all weekend, the only place that it was actually working well for me was in a full straight up extended position. But it was moving around so much I thought it was going to break the stock screen haha. I also tried setting it horizontally like a "T", it sent the dirty air to my collar bone area, which was better since now my helmet was in clean air. But, it was still too noisy and it looks ridiculous! Back to the drawing board for me.
Well that sucks sad.png
On a happier note I just received notification that my CALSCI screen shipped. I should have a review on the shorty and tall in the near future!
Nice! I'm interested in your review. Since we're similar in height and your complaints seem to be identical to mine. 
FIX THE DAMN BUFFETING!! 

• Supporting Member
Thanks, I'm looking forward to them too! Are you by chance near PA? If so feel free to drop by and see what you think for yourself!  
     Gerdawg                                                                                                                                                                                                   I would be very interested in seeing the screen if that is ok. I am located in North Wales PA.                                                                                                                                           Thanks, Rick

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Hi 
I have the Yamaha touring screen and the short MRA sport screen.
Having tried them both I’m going to run with the short screen for day to day running,  it’s much better than the standard screen as it has you in clean air.
The Yamaha touring screen is also better than stock but I need it in the maximum position.
It creates a negative pressure area behind it that I noticed and is not as good looking on the bike as the short MRA one but on longer tours when the weather could be bad I think it will be a bonus.

Mike

Mark - I'll be getting both of mine on Tuesday! Can't wait! Thanks for having them out so fast. I had CalSci on a few bikes and they've always been exceptional. More than anything you guys have always stood behind your products so I'm very eager to see what awaits!

• Supporting Member
Twisted Throttle Has pre-order double points special on the MRA touring windscreen for $144.95. I ordered one in smoke, I hope this does the job for my 6'3" height. If not they have a great return policy.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

So I mounted the shorty last night, looks nice, nothing too crazy in regards to design and I think it will do the job very nicely. Time will tell......well as long as it stops raining long enough for me to ride my bike to work. I'm getting tired of all this rain, where the heck did summer go?!

I have the shorty installed and was able to take a good ride into work today. My trip consists of a bunch of local roads followed by about 40 miles on the highway. I'll start by stating I wasn't expecting that things would be "less" noisy with the short screen. It wasn't my intent to cure the noise with this screen. My intent was to cut back on the turbulence that I find very present and very annoying with the stock screen, in any position. With the CalSCI I can state that the turbulence is solved for me in the down position and with the screen in the upward position. For a long time I was riding without the screen on the bike at all and when riding on the highway it felt as if I was windsail, ready to be blown off. The short screen was a welcome change. Is it perfect, no AND I don't believe on this bike there will be a perfect screen at such a short size that it will completely eliminate noise, it's just not possible. It did however clean up a bunch of air that hits my helmet violently and along with the looks, I believe it does a great job for the function that I bought it and intended to use it for, clean air and lots of wind through my jacket in the hotter months. My next review will be of the tall screen after I get home tonight and bolt that up to the bike. That one I am hoping WILL eliminate noise. Here's some pictures of the shorty for reference. Stay tuned to my eval of the tall screen that I should hopefully get posted tomorrow morning if the weather holds.

y4mqX484pNTFL90xguNxWzGKKsD28Kl8WeGBvqpcoDab6nioYCd14dRWoPwtzWEaO1C4dXLRUn4kr96vSDlt2avQxo-uFYLodk4L9sO2FB3_B0en02lmLAsEzWUc1KWd5VtlqLXFKvcg7PUIDWCy9eTMzEf5mZlAMDC-tPNgi8OfGkklPJt2JLmobqkAbGcr-BV-Cc4Kv0BV9c7u0aBeuo6LA?width=512&height=1024&cropmode=none

y4m1RZalpZszBT1ikPmJWEfT3XuB3fmNLtzGG5WrJA4hAnxYyxhBp2oZ1lV4xxvxVJ89oFpUPoXTCtC44wXV7dae2YVkrH6KpjBXOYABNxC385WHTeYjS0u3IVXzpRJazeIqY-1dAWmiopZCCW9ygcEd7AvJQ95XJ-bjqgficeVJveVZLufSAEfzlAg25FkiOkiXd-sAKlWNvft9dnL5jhGmg?width=512&height=1024&cropmode=none

y4mSSLB3xu5TG6IdN8Xcm-vo8xZSWOaARYrTarX74izniS2q60VQf1sgakV_CXnxveQsDcRSEnGqB8pWGr0YzLRl1wy2Y7R9OfmwAQzZVmKn0ijDMq--yuJTDVxlv9Im3yBX6Xt0o4Z_1MQROtfgMXPlSZi4vloj59v51-hm6c--zaZNMAzI_c3kp1eyEC8CxSaC09cc8gbhte0hlEye42WAQ?width=512&height=1024&cropmode=none

y4m0mhs2Dq5VHxjZexZtaRYEQZDTqmt_KuzGOPr5nJtf6Ig7B9CG4t4MYsQ6LbtTXpOoQ-9-uaHycqwLySJ9WvIHsj7vC77TQsSa_PWAosdrSyFs4BhUjJC19FC6Y0kDtA_clVFbZnhf0FYDDz7CjZUUrPPoETO4qcKlpHyj58vH6q72VklOCjaqmXoVsYJpyoKCHWFqe1PNR11qT1biFsMJQ?width=512&height=1024&cropmode=none
  • Thumbsup 1

I have the shorty installed and was able to take a good ride into work today. My trip consists of a bunch of local roads followed by about 40 miles on the highway. I'll start by stating I wasn't expecting that things would be "less" noisy with the short screen. It wasn't my intent to cure the noise with this screen. My intent was to cut back on the turbulence that I find very present and very annoying with the stock screen, in any position. With the CalSCI I can state that the turbulence is solved for me in the down position and with the screen in the upward position. For a long time I was riding without the screen on the bike at all and when riding on the highway it felt as if I was windsail, ready to be blown off. The short screen was a welcome change. Is it perfect, no AND I don't believe on this bike there will be a perfect screen at such a short size that it will completely eliminate noise, it's just not possible. It did however clean up a bunch of air that hits my helmet violently and along with the looks, I believe it does a great job for the function that I bought it and intended to use it for, clean air and lots of wind through my jacket in the hotter months. My next review will be of the tall screen after I get home tonight and bolt that up to the bike. That one I am hoping WILL eliminate noise. Here's some pictures of the shorty for reference. Stay tuned to my eval of the tall screen that I should hopefully get posted tomorrow morning if the weather holds.
Glad you like the tinted shorty. I had a similar surprising experience with mine. 

'15 FJ09