Windshield for new 900 GT 2018

vic

• Supporting Member
I have purchased the MRA screen with aerofoil. Have done 5,000 miles with it and am pleased with it, it is a definite improvement.  
  Happyrider do you have a link to the aerofoil? Thanks

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Road would you like to try my CALSCi? I've had the tall on now for a few weeks with the cooler weather and I'm really liking it. The first time I ride with it I thought it was choppy but I'm thinking it might have just been a really windy day. It's pretty good for the price.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

• Supporting Member
Road would you like to try my CALSCi? I've had the tall on now for a few weeks with the cooler weather and I'm really liking it. The first time I ride with it I thought it was choppy but I'm thinking it might have just been a really windy day. It's pretty good for the price. 
  Dawg we need to get together and swap some screens and go for a ride.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Another way to avoid the conehead like appearance of the tall shields is to go for something like the Madstad that has an adjustable bracket. If you get that type of bracket, you can get a smaller shield and push it up higher or angle it so it works as effectively as a tall shield....

Just got my D2139S Givi sport screen  which is significantly wider but only slightly taller than the stock screens (will try and get a better pic tonight:

Comparison of both screens on top of each other

bikepics-2810556-full.jpg

New screen

bikepics-2810558-full.jpg

Well, I've now been out a few times with the Puig screen fitted and it works a treat for me. With the screen on the highest setting I got up to 92 mph (on a private road) and could ride with my visor open no problem.

Not an attractive screen, but I'm more of a function over form guy anyway and if I cared what people though of looks I'd lose a few pounds, dye my grey hairs and get some botox! :-) 

A very, very, happy GT owner now, all necessary (for me) changes/ accessories done!

Cheers
Steve
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Just got my D2139S Givi sport screen  which is significantly wider but only slightly taller than the stock screens (will try and get a better pic tonight: 
Comparison of both screens on top of each other

What are your thought s on it?
So the windscreen is significantly wider. I believe that this has the unexpected disadvantage of redirecting the air flow onto the hand guards which might be a bit of a disadvantage in very cold climates.

In terms of height there is no difference in the air is still directed to the top of my helmet which creates a fair bit of turbulence noise. We also had some mild rain here yesterday and my visor was still getting hit by rain. I am 5ft 10.

The only real advantage is that it is wide enough so if you duck down you can get under the full protection of the screen and doesn't look like a bath screen. This isn't possible with the standard screen.

• 4 weeks later...
So I finally found an MRA dealer here in the states that carries the 2019 touring screen and ordered it last week. Threw it on this morning. On my 30 mile commute at 80+mph I can say that the airflow is now cleaner, but still hits in the helmet so it's still noisy. I wear earplugs so it's doable. I found my head wasn't being pulverized anymore. SO it's an improvement, but it's not perfect. I'll keep it and get a shorty too. The best part of it to me is the looks. I think it looks pretty good on there compared to the stocker.

20181115-132853.jpg