Yamaha Steel rack with givi plate

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is made by Yamaha? Does it use the same support arms that the standard Yamaha rack uses for their Trunk. Is this a USA or Europe part?
Does anyone know if Givi makes an adapter for their their two similar but different trunk attachment systems. I have both each uses the different
system. I would like to be able to put either on my bike.

• Premium Member
This is made by Yamaha? Does it use the same support arms that the standard Yamaha rack uses for their Trunk. Is this a USA or Europe part? Does anyone know if Givi makes an adapter for their their two similar but different trunk attachment systems. I have both each uses the different

Givi part no. SR2122 is a topbox rack to which you can fit a Monolock or Monokey base plate 
I enquired today - the UK wholesaler does not have any in stock but they are expecting them in the next week or two
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

looks good! is there any way to adjust the placement forward or back with it to give the passenger a little more room or is it locked to one position?

The rack is set but the givi plate can be moved forward or back as required

This is made by Yamaha? Does it use the same support arms that the standard Yamaha rack uses for their Trunk. Is this a USA or Europe part? Does anyone know if Givi makes an adapter for their their two similar but different trunk attachment systems. I have both each uses the different

Rack is a yamaha part for some reason we only get the steel rack in Europe givi make two base plates monokey and monolock

I used the Givi E251 Universal Monokey Top Case Adapter Plate with the Givi V47 Tech Monokey Top Case using the Yamaha OEM rear rack (2PP-F48D0-V0-00). I simply replaced the Yamaha plastic parts with the Giviv E251 plate and longer screws towards the ends. It's rock solid loaded at 100+ mph (tested) and the faux carbon fiber in the V47 Tech makes it look like an OEM bag with the grey FJ. I'm already touring with it and I get compliments on my bike and cases.

2tWgaip.jpg

NucNird.jpg

That's a beautiful setup!

I used the Givi E251 Universal Monokey Top Case Adapter Plate with the Givi V47 Tech Monokey Top Case using the Yamaha OEM rear rack (2PP-F48D0-V0-00). I simply replaced the Yamaha plastic parts with the Giviv E251 plate and longer screws towards the ends. It's rock solid loaded at 100+ mph (tested) and the faux carbon fiber in the V47 Tech makes it look like an OEM bag with the grey FJ. I'm already touring with it and I get compliments on my bike and cases. 

Making sure I understand. You had the Yamaha Tail assy. and removed the Yamaha plastic base. (It had two Large Bolt in the rear plus the four
smaller bolts) then replace it with the Givi universal adapter using for 4 longer bolts replcing the smaller four. The two Larger bolts place back without
the Yamaha platform.

Yes, the last two steps, installing the Yamaha plastic base and 4 screws was not done. Instead I put on the Givi plate with longer screws from my local Home Depot. After 1000+mi, half with a passenger leaning on it, it's been rock solid. BTW, It's much easier to convince people to passenger on this bike if you can tell them that they can't slide off the back, especially after seeing you accelerate past other bikes.  8-)

The tank bag is the Givi XS306 Tanklock Tankbag (25L) with the Givi BF05 flange.  I had to get a spacer (~10mm) and a longer screw for the front so it would clear the plastic forward of the tank. I was worried about abrasion issues with the magnetic bags because of the matte tank finish and my affinity for the occasional dusty trail. That tankbag was the largest one I could get to fit that space and it works really well, I even lean on it during a ride to change up positions. It will hold my MacBook Air and any of my tablets. My only issue is that it will not fit in my V47 topcase with my Lazer modular helmet which is a pain on day rides when I want to lock it all up. I'll get a smaller bag for the day rides.

That adapter comes with mounting hardware for tubular mounting. Square washers to fit into the grid pattern of the adapter and bent forms for
the underside tubes. Did you use those or just found alinement with the threaded points on the Yamaha tubular places provided. Sorry for the need
for more details. I am trying to come up with a way to switch adapters so I can change from large (46L) to small (30)trunk. Each uses the opposite system.
I really only need the larger trunk for longer trips.

insert code here

Hi I was asked to post some pics of the steel rack / aluminium rack

DSC_0011_zpstbcnpnit.jpg 

IMG_20150301_231220_zpsbtffy8oj.jpg

IMG_20150301_231316_zpsrfxpedso.jpg

Givi monokey Plate 

DSC_0012_zpspmwmfb3k.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsntwd29e4.jpg

DSC_0021_zps8v3hy7oi.jpg

Givi 46Lt Top Box 

Now that is what the bike should have been sold with in the first place.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived