Cam chain tension

It’s 2015-2016 models.

The service notice breaks it down further by frame/engine number as Yamaha made a change in the oil passage the feeds the tensioner via the cylinder head.
Depending on when the engine was manufactured, it will get one of 2 possible cam chain tensioner kits. The gasket is the same for both and has to be ordered separately.

I don’t believe you can correlate the oil pan design to the tensioner updates. Yamaha probably knows the exact engine serial number change but we don’t.

-Skip

• 4 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, micah2074 said:

Mine fell under the vin group and I put on a manual one before going through all the crap at dealer.... put it on and forget about any problems... Lots of chat on this! 
I don’t believe that “most people” put in a manual tensioner.

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Nuckingfuts said:

Does anyone have a video of an excessively noisy cam chain on this bike that would warrant a cct replacement? 

Wouldn't do any good... Some dealership will not replace em(they make noise, but will if it sounds "bad" to them), some will replace if you ask em...it's hit or miss with dealerships on a "technical service bulletin(TSB)" not a recall/replace type of deal like it was with the handlebars for a select group of earlier year bikes... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 3 months later...

If you're worried about it just get a manual tensioner..  I had mine replaced under the TSB and the new one only lasted 2500 miles before the chatter was back.... I put theAPE manual tensioner in and have had zero cam chain rattle since. Been probably 8-10k miles since swapping to a manual tensioner.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA