GT900 Front mudguard extender fitted

Well.......

Did some research into this and as usual found lots and lots of conflicting advice on various motorcycle forums and groups.

I was going to use epoxy but a quick look at what I had in the garage and what was available in local stores seemed to suggest that this wasn't the best thing to use (all said that they were great on ceramics, metal, wood etc. but only on 'some' plastics and not knowing what plastic the extender was made of I didn't want to take the chance.)

Again from looking on-line and reading people's experiences I ruled out the 'super-glue' type of products as it seems it only works well on suitable plastics and many people had, had failures which were put down to it being 'rigid' and being shaken apart after a while by vibrations.

Then started coming across success stories using a product called 'Tiger glue' which seems to be an adhesive/ filler type product (whilst acting as an adhesive it never fully hardens, so can take the vibrations). In the UK it is marketed as UPol Tiger Seal Polyurethane Adhesive Sealent. So that is what I used and so far it seems to have done the trick.

Cheers

Steve

Then started coming across success stories using a product called 'Tiger glue' which seems to be an adhesive/ filler type product (whilst acting as an adhesive it never fully hardens, so can take the vibrations). In the UK it is marketed as UPol Tiger Seal Polyurethane Adhesive Sealent. So that is what I used and so far it seems to have done the trick. 
Cheers

Steve

Did you check into the possibility of using Gorilla Glue? If so, why was this option "not acceptable"?

• 3 weeks later...
Use some aluminum rivets and paint them to match with a touch up pen. I've never heard of your adhesive but I'm sceptical. Get back here next year, you may be on to something.

Polyurethane is some seriously weird stuff. If anything is gonna work, it will be a polyurethane sorta glue. Post a link to that stuff would ya? I'd like to add some to my tool kit.

'15 FJ09

Wow,

That glue costs more than the RG extender!

I used the plastic rivets (3) to mount mine, but I do like the clean look of your glued unit.

I hope it stays on  for you.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 2 months later...
Wow, 
That glue costs more than the RG extender!

I used the plastic rivets (3) to mount mine, but I do like the clean look of your glued unit.

I hope it stays on  for you.

cb

No kidding! £45 is what? $200 US DOLLARS? I spent $3 on some rivets and 12000 miles later hold fast...

No kidding! £45 is what? $200 US DOLLARS? I spent $3 on some rivets and 12000 miles later hold fast...
No... £45 is roughly $60 USD at current exchange rate. Granted much more expensive than rivets but nowhere near $200. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Take the fender and the extender to an auto body shop, they have all types of adhesives for fixing plastics on cars. They probably won't charge you more than a couple of bucks.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Take the fender and the extender to an auto body shop, they have all types of adhesives for fixing plastics on cars. They probably won't charge you more than a couple of bucks.
I was lazy and did not take the fender off the bike when I installed my R&G.  Riveted in place! 
cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

All I want to know at this point "WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FINISH I-12 IN LOUISIANA?" they're working in a third generation of road workers here. BS!