picked up the new bike today

• Premium Member
Had a pleasant bimble around my local roads in the Cotswolds. Bike is lovely. It was rather cool on top of the hill at Birdlip despite the sunshine.

The first fill up2015-03-03%2013.50.46.jpg

At the Birdlip viewpoint - bloody freezing up here
2015-03-03%2014.39.31.jpg

2015-03-03%2014.39.23.jpg2015-03-03%2014.39.06.jpg

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

picked mine yesterday and got involved in accident 2 hours later. Luckily I'm fine, bike has cosmetic damage to head lamp. Need to take it to dealer for proper damage assesment in case of forks been misaligned during impact.

Holy shet! I'm sorry that happened but am happy that you are ok!

picked mine yesterday and got involved in accident 2 hours later. Luckily I'm fine, bike has cosmetic damage to head lamp. Need to take it to dealer for proper damage assesment in case of forks been misaligned during impact. 

• Premium Member
That roundabout looks confusing to me. Whom has the right away, the car from the left or your bike? Looks like you both have the right away.
Glad is was nothing more than a glancing blow. You were paying attention, the car was not.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

That roundabout looks confusing to me. Whom has the right away, the car from the left or your bike? Looks like you both have the right away. Glad is was nothing more than a glancing blow. You were paying attention, the car was not.

The bike had the right of way the cage driver was most likely concentration on his /her phone glad your ok mate

That roundabout looks confusing to me. Whom has the right away, the car from the left or your bike? Looks like you both have the right away. Glad is was nothing more than a glancing blow. You were paying attention, the car was not.
in UK, and also in any other European country, you give way to traffic coming from your right. In this case I was coming from her right, so she should let me pass. I was on roundabout already, so she should have let me go anyway.

This happened here - http://goo.gl/nI30gK

I was coming from Dancers Hill rd and was crossing A1081 to join Trotters bottom ( yeah I know!!). She was joining that roundabout from South on A1081. I checked streetview from that place and I have no idea why she didn't see me. There is not a single thing which obscure the view.

I got call from her Insurance company and she admitted full responsibility for this collision. Happy days...but it will leave stigma on the bike ( category mark) and my insurance record ( in UK insurance companies require to disclose if you were involved in any accident regardless of the fault and they up your premium if you were!!)

• Premium Member
Glad you are okay Tecman but despite you not being at fault you are going to make the insurers think the Tracer is a risky bike :)

Please don't get punted off again as I don't want my premiums upped :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Seems like she was already in M25/A1M mode, although in the latter case same rules would  apply :-[

I know the insurance companies are law unto themselves, but I'd like to think the actuaries wouldn't load risk for non fault accidents, in particular, to a bike model - but then we know they seem to make things up as they go along. The problem for tecman77 is the renewal quote might not as pleasing  :-S
When I give my post code the lights go out at the brokers and sets the fire alarm off - in-spite of having my license for (a few weeks shy of) 40 years and 15+ years NCB, I am paying considerably more than others - a fact not helped by the riots we had a few years ago (zzz)

Glad you are okay Tecman but despite you not being at fault you are going to make the insurers think the Tracer is a risky bike :) 
Please don't get punted off again as I don't want my premiums upped :)
Trust me...I don't want that to happen again...ever...my roundabout approaches are far careful than before!

• 1 month later...
Very interesting to me. In Germany mostly the traffic which is is driving in the roundabout has right of way. The roundabout is signed with a traffic sign "Roundabout" at all roads, witch come into it. Only roundabouts which do not have that traffic sign have the rule "right before left" (could I say it this way in English :-)? I think you know what I mean ;-).

Archived