Picked up a husky 501

suitedsevens

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That’s gotta be some sort of record

Funny you say that I asked if it was a record over on the advrider husky board.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Supporting Member
They do not know what exactly went wrong but they drained the oil and it's carnage. 1.1 miles! 
Uh... congratulations? That’s crazy. On the plus side, it sounds like there won’t be any issue getting it remedied.

Anxiously waiting to hear what actually went wrong...

They do not know what exactly went wrong but they drained the oil and it's carnage. 1.1 miles! 
Uh... congratulations? That’s crazy. On the plus side, it sounds like there won’t be any issue getting it remedied.  
Anxiously waiting to hear what actually went wrong...
Me too man I'm dying to know what went kablooey. No issues remedying the situation aside from having to wait for a new motor to be put in the bike. I was thinking that honestly I wouldn't even want them to replace my bike with another my18 501 they have if that became an option and having a newer engine not from that same production run would be better.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

oi... did it have coolant?
I believe so. Motor was probably barely warm when it died. 'Twas just a babe.

So the manager said something about how if they don't have a motor on standby to get overnighted to them it could be a while to get one. Would it be out of line to ask that they just give me a 2019 as a replacement?

• Premium Member
That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. On a bike that new, it's probably something simple. It does have gas right? haha 
But seriously, likely the tech that set it up didn't get a connector on all the way or something dumb.
Apparently it's not simple at all. Totally blown motor... 
Well, that sucks.  Hope they make it right for you.

No, you would not be out of line at all. They haven't even submitted paperwork to the state saying you owned the bike yet and frankly they shouldnt. I'd figure it out before they do that too. IMO they should get you something comparable asap or refund you... No questions asked. Not sure if you financed but I wouldn't be paying a loan on a bike I didn't even get to ride. You might even be able to do buyers remorse and get your money back. If they aren't willing to budge I'd start throwing the "lawyer" word in there. Don't be afraid to have them make this right for you, you're a customer and a  guy who probably works hard to make his money... They aren't doing you favors by getting a motor shipped overnight... That should be expected. If that can't happen they need to resolve the situation in another form. Up to and including buying the bike back. If it were me... I'm not even sure I'd want the bike after a major transplant like that. You might end up chasing more Gremlins in the future. 
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

So the manager said something about how if they don't have a motor on standby to get overnighted to them it could be a while to get one. Would it be out of line to ask that they just give me a 2019 as a replacement?
I would certainly bring it up.

'15 FJ09

You paid for a new bike, not a rebuilt one.

If they don't have a motor on standby, then they need to find another bike...

Easier said than done I know but if it were me in would try everything to get a different bike.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

No, you would not be out of line at all. They haven't even submitted paperwork to the state saying you owned the bike yet and frankly they shouldnt. I'd figure it out before they do that too. IMO they should get you something comparable asap or refund you... No questions asked. Not sure if you financed but I wouldn't be paying a loan on a bike I didn't even get to ride. You might even be able to do buyers remorse and get your money back. If they aren't willing to budge I'd start throwing the "lawyer" word in there. Don't be afraid to have them make this right for you, you're a customer and a  guy who probably works hard to make his money... They aren't doing you favors by getting a motor shipped overnight... That should be expected. If that can't happen they need to resolve the situation in another form. Up to and including buying the bike back. If it were me... I'm not even sure I'd want the bike after a major transplant like that. You might end up chasing more Gremlins in the future. 
He did say if they can't get the motor overnighted we can talk about plan b which I'm assuming is getting me on a different bike. As far as the paperwork I'm a California resident and I bought the bike in Nevada so they gave me the origin slip and all that I have to go to the dmv to register it.

You paid for a new bike, not a rebuilt one.
Yeah the more I think about it I kinda want them to just give me a new bike. Dealership is closed today and tomorrow I will know a lot more on tuesday. 

Archived