Picked up a husky 501

suitedsevens

If they don't have a motor on standby, then they need to find another bike... 
Easier said than done I know but if it were me in would try everything to get a different bike.
Manager made it sound like it was going to be moving a mountain to get me on a different bike which I thought was a little greasy considering I just brought in a new bike with 1 mile on it with a blown motor.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be getting stuff wrote down on paper so it dont come to the point of he said she said...
Very good idea. I would also really like to talk to a rep from husqvarna.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights

Well the manager is a punk, no surprise there. Trying to get me to wait forever for a new motor, told them new bike or no deal. Waiting to talk to corporate now.

Want to put it out in the ether that I am meeting A LOT of resistance from the store manager to supply me with a new bike. He argued heavily that if they put a new motor in the bike it is still a new bike which is very far from the truth. Also they do not even have a motor to put in it yet.

While I understand your frustration and you have every right to be, please keep in mind the store manager is also between a rock and a hard spot. It's not his fault the motor blew up, that's Husky's fault. So he wants to keep you happy without paying money out of pocket to cover Husky's screw up. However, if it's still a new bike with a new motor in it, he should have no problem selling the bike to someone else and giving you a new, different bike. However, Husky corporate might not let him do that. I'm sure he's fighting a whole other battle with Husky corporate. The whole situation sucks, and you have to bear the brunt of it. I feel for ya.

'15 FJ09

However, if it's still a new bike with a new motor in it, he should have no problem selling the bike to someone else and giving you a new, different bike.

Yup exactly what I told him pretty much. Which is where his "it's still a new bike" argument kinda falls flat because they can not sell it as such. I totally get that he's fighting a separate battle with corporate but I think it's still really greasy the way he is handling it.

Well just got some good news sounds like they are going to give me a 2019. I guess husqvarna corporate heard my demands and met them ezpz.

Good stuff. Any reputable dealer/brand should do that if they care about their customers and image. Glad to hear they stepped up to the plate.
Absolutely, sounds like the manager was just trying to smooth it out without getting corporate too heavily involved. He was even saying stuff like "I can't believe they are even doing this but they are going to give you a 2019, I've never seen this happen before it's crazy." Definitely have no qualms with ktm/husqvarna but the store manager I'm not too thrilled with. Unfortunately they are the closest dealership but there is another one barely 20 minutes past them which I will gladly drive to not give this place any more money.

Good stuff. Any reputable dealer/brand should do that if they care about their customers and image. Glad to hear they stepped up to the plate.
Absolutely, sounds like the manager was just trying to smooth it out without getting corporate too heavily involved. He was even saying stuff like "I can't believe they are even doing this but they are going to give you a 2019, I've never seen this happen before it's crazy." Definitely have no qualms with ktm/husqvarna but the store manager I'm not too thrilled with. Unfortunately they are the closest dealership but there is another one barely 20 minutes past them which I will gladly drive to not give this place any more money.

He’s never seen corporate hand out a new bike before? How many times has he seen blown 1-mile motors? I’d hope the whole thing is a brand new experience for everyone.

I forget exactly where you are, but if you're closer to Sacramento than Reno, Good Times off Auburn blvd is a Husky dealer.

'15 FJ09

[span style=font-size:12pt]He’s never seen corporate hand out a new bike before? How many times has he seen blown 1-mile motors? I’d hope the whole thing is a brand new experience for everyone.[/span]
That's the same thing I was thinking - my reply would have been - "really? How often does this happen to you guys??"
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

I forget exactly where you are, but if you're closer to Sacramento than Reno, Good Times off Auburn blvd is a Husky dealer.
I'm in south lake tahoe. The dealership in all this is in Carson city. But in future I'll keep that place in mind I'm assuming they are cool?

I'm in south lake tahoe. The dealership in all this is in Carson city. But in future I'll keep that place in mind I'm assuming they are cool?
I got no complaints. Nothing really special about them either. It's not like they employ 20 y/o blondes to greet you at the door. *cough* Roseville Yamaha *cough* *cough*

'15 FJ09

Archived