Ride Saturday the 7th of March, Little T and beyond?

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
Lets try this again this Saturday. Looks like weather in the 70's.

Any interest in a ride this next Saturday? Ride at your own pace, we won't leave anybody behind. Rain permitting, we will meet at the base of Little Tujunga at the 7-11 at 11348 Lexicon Ave Sylmar, CA 91342  at 9:00am‎. From the west, take the 118 to the 210 east and get off at the first off ramp which is Osborne. Turn left onto Foothill and go under the fwy. Turn left again at Osborne, and then a left at Lexicon and you will see the 7-11 in 50 ft. I will take you on some of my favorite roads. I hope David can make it and TY (my wingman) as they make the pace fun. Both great riders.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Lets try this again this Saturday. Looks like weather in the 70's. 
Any interest in a ride this next Saturday? Ride at your own pace, we won't leave anybody behind. Rain permitting, we will meet at the base of Little Tujunga at the 7-11 at 11348 Lexicon Ave Sylmar, CA 91342 ‎. From the west, take the 118 to the 210 east and get off at the first off ramp which is Osborne. Turn left onto Foothill and go under the fwy. Turn left again at Osborne, and then a left at Lexicon and you will see the 7-11 in 50 ft. I will take you on some of my favorite roads. I hope David can make it and TY (my wingman) as they make the pace fun. Both great riders.

Count me in.

• Premium Member
what time we doin this ride ehh @ULEWZ?
oops, 9:00am.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Bump for a great ride tomorrow with temperatures in the 80's with much less wind than today. Come join us. wings_zpsszsdvz9g.gif
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
In !!  :D 
Ty

great. It will be a nice day.
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Sorry snow bunnies, and snow dudes, but we had an awesome ride today. The good news is David removed the peg feelers and still hit the pegs with no implications (nothing else scraped)? The bad news is his rear tire is toast at under 4,000 miles (to the wear bars).
We had four riders today, three F-Jays (two fast red ones, and one grey one), and one Ninja 300. It was nice and cool at the lunch spot in Leona Valley, but got into the mid 80's on the way down into the valley. I am exhausted. Hopefully David will post up pictures as some dummy (me) left his cell phone at home! Great ride guys, till next time. super_zpsd4x7by7h.gif

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Great ride today! I wasn't comfortable at 1st in the hairpins on Little Tujunga road, but hit my stride later on Angeles crest and Big Tujunga, etc.. A note on tire wear though, David rides hard, and is a very big guy, so keep that in mind.

Was cool to see and hear 3 FJ-09's zooming thru the canyons! I love this bike. THX Lewis for organizing this ride.

Ty
'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

The ride Saturday was great.  Great set of roads on a fantastic bike.  Love this bike.

The rear Sportmax D222 wore out @ 3300 miles but as noted above I am a big guy and I have been told I ride pretty hard.  I replaced the Sportmax with a Pilot Power 3.  I decided to stick with a sport tire vs a sport touring tire to stick with the sport profile that was on the front as that tire is no where close to needing to be replaced.  Tire shop didn't have a sportmax and I have ridden the PP3 previously and really liked the ride profile of it.

Did a few hundred miles Sunday on the PP3 out to Highway 33 in Ojai.  OMG!  In the sweepers that tire/bike just rail.  Turn in and turn hold feel great.  Feels more stable in the turn than the sportmax did.  Power out of the turns is pretty similar.  Never felt the sportmax or the PP3 get squirly under full power.  Thinking i might switch to the Pilot Road 4 when the front is ready to be replaced.  Might have to sacrifice turn feels for less $$ per mile.  Changing tires every 4K will get annoying very quickly.

Hoping to take the bike to a performance shop to get some help setting up my suspension or getting some suggestions on what can be done for the bike to make it fit me better.  Thinking a new spring is in order.  Removing the peg/ground feelers helped with ground clearance a little but I still manage to hit the center stand while leaned over in a turn and hit a dip/bump in the road.  Something to think about for those of you that do ride 2-up without doing any modifications to the suspension.

Here is a quick picture of the 3 FJ's that set out on this adventure.

2015-03-07%2009.27.34.jpg?raw=1

• Premium Member
yes, the OE Dunlops are okay but they don't help themselves by fitting a tyre that is not available on the retail market. I think you are right in that the way to go once the OE tyres are worn out are Michelin Pilot Road 4. An excellent compromise between great all round grip and a decent wear rate.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
one pic? WTF are you guys doing? RIDING the whole time?! 

Front page material me thinks. Ya, it was a fantastic day to ride. Too nice to stop every 50 feet and take pictures. Maybe next time. p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
one pic? WTF are you guys doing? RIDING the whole time?! 

Front page material me thinks. Ya, it was a fantastic day to ride. Too nice to stop every 50 feet and take pictures. Maybe next time. p3rry_zpsjpvxnqqr.gif

Cant wait till you guys make it up to SB on a weekend ride and come swing by so I can be crazy jealous....I miss riding soooo much! 
bncry_zpsuymuiwxp.gif

so I have to live through you guys.  Plus it would be cool to see a couple FJ's together

i was relatively close to SB last weekend. Ojai is almost there...HA.

We should plan a weekend ride up to SB one of these weekends. I do enjoy the ride up there as long as I can avoid 101 as much as possible.. It's the ride back down 101 that I cant stand.

Archived