Old meets New

No, met up with a mate who owns the Fj-09.

It was good to take a closer look at them both side-by-side so that I know what/ if any FJ-09 accessories would fit the GT900 (the wait for accessories for the new bike is a killer!)

Cheers
Steve

Do share what is compatible! A lot of us are very interested.
Well, from what we looked at... 
Tail tidy mounting, rear hugger mounting, windscreen mounting, chain guard mounting are all different so none of those accessories from the FJ09 will go onto the GT900.

Front mudguard is the same (I already knew that) so front mudguard extenders made for the FJ09 will fit the GT900.

Nearly all of the body panels/ plastics are different, I did think that the font fairing/ headlight surrounds were the same, but on closer inspection there seem to be some differences.

Of course the seat and cockpit/ dashboard areas are different, so basically front mudguard extenders and 'general / universal' items (brake levers for instance) are about the only accessories that are usable.

Cheers
Steve

Do share what is compatible! A lot of us are very interested.
Well, from what we looked at... 
Tail tidy mounting, rear hugger mounting, windscreen mounting, chain guard mounting are all different so none of those accessories from the FJ09 will go onto the GT900.

Front mudguard is the same (I already knew that) so front mudguard extenders made for the FJ09 will fit the GT900.

Nearly all of the body panels/ plastics are different, I did think that the font fairing/ headlight surrounds were the same, but on closer inspection there seem to be some differences.

Of course the seat and cockpit/ dashboard areas are different, so basically front mudguard extenders and 'general / universal' items (brake levers for instance) are about the only accessories that are usable.

Cheers
Steve
I knew they redesigned the plastics... changed mounting points too??

I'm interested in retrofitting the wind screen adjuster system.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Duhs10,

I think that would be a major undertaking (if it could be done at all), however, I wouldn't bother as the adjustment of the height of the windscreen makes no difference at all at speeds over 40mph in my experience (using the standard screen that is).

Cheers
Steve

Archived