Tail light.

Is FJ tail light the exact same as the FZ 09? To me it looks like it. If so I will be ordering from the guys again.

http://www.customled.com/products/2014-2015-yamaha-fz-09-integrated-led-tail-light

I have had one on the ZX6R and it works great.

The brake light assemblies are different part numbers from Yamaha, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't fit the mount location.

I don't know what Yamaha was thinking with that tail light, license plate bracket. It looks to me like they designed a great looking bike and then remembered-- oh we need somewhere to put the license plate and turn signals. They should have tucked it up under the seat like several members are doing. This review sums it up better than I can. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=39J9GkE2FEA

Yep riding in any rainy weather or wet roads, chopping the tail will result in a mud stripe on you back. If you fit a top box it will help prevent it.

It is my understanding that the long length is to minimize spray back on the pillion and back of rider. Tail tidy definitely looks nicer though. Million dollar idea - telescoping tail tidy. In for around town, out for trips or rain.

It is my understanding that the long length is to minimize spray back on the pillion and back of rider. Tail tidy definitely looks nicer though. Million dollar idea - telescoping tail tidy. In for around town, out for trips or rain.

Or an extendable hugger tip. A short one that goes to top of the tire to keep spooge of the shock, or a long one for trips that goes down just beyond the back vertical point of the tire. Then everyone can install their favorite tail tidy.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Just talked to Jon at Custom LED and took a bunch of measurements for him. Looks like he's going to make a dedicated FJ tail light.

They'll be $139, and he's updating the site next week to start taking pre-orders. Should take him a couple weeks to get the new wiring harnesses ready. 

I don't know what Yamaha was thinking with that tail light, license plate bracket. It looks to me like they designed a great looking bike and then remembered-- oh we need somewhere to put the license plate and turn signals. They should have tucked it up under the seat like several members are doing. This review sums it up better than I can.   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=39J9GkE2FEA
Yamaha should have went with the FZ07 taillight, much cleaner look than what they did use. 

Recieved mine today. I ordered the fz09 one, someone was right the wires are just alittle to short. I will call john on monday and exchange it when he has the fj09 ones.

Yeah he basically gave me the option of lengtning the wires myself or waiting a few weeks for an FJ version. Sounds like the light itself is identical, only difference is the wire length.

Does John offer his product on ebay? Can someone please post the link, I would like to order one if they are available. Thanks! :-)
see first post

Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

Archived