Tank bag ideas?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I have an Oxford X30 with strap on base on mine - works well apart from the strap around the headstock is a tad short so you need to add a few bootlaces to keep it from dropping down when you unhook them to fill the tank. Otherwise excellent quality and only 30 quid on Amazon UK.

2015-03-04%2014.59.24.jpg

2015-03-04%2014.58.49.jpg
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I use the Cortech tank bag with the Dryver QD. Works fantastic.
linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I'm hoping my Wolfman tank bag will fit with the 4 straps. I'm not so sure that it will be sitting flat across the tank? Looks like the tank has a longer slope to it than the flat part where the filler cap is....
I think a 3 strap bag works best. 
I ordered this yesterday:
http://www.rka-luggage.com/A02%20Tankbags/11SR3%20Build%20sheet/113W%20Build%20Sheet.html

Will post pics in about a week (3,000 mile ground shipping + 1 international border.)

It may be too small for trips, but I thought the bigger one may be too long:
http://www.rka-luggage.com/A02%20Tankbags/19SR3%20Build%20sheet/193W%20Build%20Sheet.html

RKA is expensive, but extremely well made.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I have the same RKA tank bag. It is on my third bike now. Over the years, looking at equipment on other bikes, I was always impressed
with the RKA's I saw on other bikes. Some looked quite weathered but they always held there shape as they day they were new.
They are a little more expensive but well worth it. The rain cover (provided) fits, and doesn't parachute as bad as others I have owned.
That size is about as large as I would want on my FJ.

I bought the Givi 308 with tank lock. It has a curve to it that matches the curve of the tank. I'll send pics when I get it mounted.
I look forward to those pics!

A coworker just showed me his new Givi 307 (for his 2014 VStrom 1000.) Looks like good quality. But I absolutely hate that Givi cuts off part of the map window view, covering it with the tankbag name. So illogical!  >:D Other than that, a nice bag that goes on/off very quickly.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Archived