Recent OTD Prices!

On 12/14/2019 at 7:51 PM, piotrek said:

Looked around the showroom after picking up some parts at a MC dealer, and saw these two characters. The brand new 2015 red is going for just under $10,100 CAD + tax and plate fee. Clearance they say... 😪

20191214_100859.thumb.jpg.72126e6730611baf94b3594e4be2b545.jpg

@piotrek...those guys are a joke ...i have no idea how they sell bikes.  the red one has been there forever and probably has lot rot from sitting. the last time i was there they had a couple of 2013  R6's that they wanted 10k for.   i went there to get a year old z900rs and the sales guy told me that the price he was giving me had a discount...it was the list price from 2018!!!  he told me i was crazy not to snap it up for that price.  that's when i gave him the look, the stare and told him you lost a sale for that type of bs.  i asked him if he heard of the internet and what info is there for consumers...he fluffed me off and went back to playing with his RC car on his desk.

that is the other reason i didn't buy the FJ09 there...told me list on a 2year old bike...probably the red one in your pick.  they are a joke.

The local shop near me has a left over 2016 fj-09 that has been sitting on the floor for a few years.  I called them to see what they can do on price, thinking that I could get a decent deal and give a local dealership my business.  I couldn’t believe the price he sent me.  For a 3 year old bike!! 

F6CC661F-4B9E-40A4-9129-FA12D109CC2F.jpeg

• Supporting Member

@Btracer900 - It makes you wonder how some dealerships ever stay in business, they must just bet on impulse buyers who haven't done their homework.

As a comparison, my local dealer has a new 2019 base-level Tracer for that same $8,700 asking price.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, Btracer900 said:

The local shop near me has a left over 2016 fj-09 that has been sitting on the floor for a few years.  I called them to see what they can do on price, thinking that I could get a decent deal and give a local dealership my business.  I couldn’t believe the price he sent me.  For a 3 year old bike!! 

F6CC661F-4B9E-40A4-9129-FA12D109CC2F.jpeg

OMG...I'm in Canada and i bought my 2016 for 9999 cdn plus tax and license in 2017

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, stumpy said:

@piotrek...those guys are a joke ...i have no idea how they sell bikes.... i didn't buy the FJ09 there...told me list on a 2year old bike...probably the red one in your pick.  they are a joke.

Okay, now tell me how you really feel.

I have no vehicle purchase history with Ready, but do buy from their parts counter... and my experience has been positive. I bought my 2015 bike from Brampton Powersports in early 2016, just before they made an awkward deal with Honda (and eventually closed shop). All Yamaha and Suzuki bikes went on sell-off. Paid just under $11K CAD on the road, including SHAD top/side cases.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 12/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, piotrek said:

Okay, now tell me how you really feel.

I have no vehicle purchase history with Ready, but do buy from their parts counter... and my experience has been positive. I bought my 2015 bike from Brampton Powersports in early 2016, just before they made an awkward deal with Honda (and eventually closed shop). All Yamaha and Suzuki bikes went on sell-off. Paid just under $11K CAD on the road, including SHAD top/side cases.

sorry @piotrek...must have been off of my meds for that one!  Lol 

never dealt with them other than bike sales...3 times.  never made a deal with them because of the silly sales tactics.  To bad about brampton powersports changed to honda and there "all or nothing" sales moto.  BRP is trying their hand at this now too...hope not because the local dealer here for yamaha, St. Onge will lose a lot of customers if they go all BRP.

I bought a new leftover fj09 2016 from nielson enterprise in ill. this spring for 7,400 all in no tax.They had 2 in black,one was badly oxidized with white deposits all over bike.Thats the one that was on showroom floor!?Went to there warehouse and uncrated other, that one was clean.Sent ecm to 2wheeldyno for recent black friday sale ,wow what a difference.bike has scorpion can and foam removed.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a brand new -- one mile on the odometer -- 2019 Tracer 900 on Jan 3, 2019 from Big St Charles Motorsports in St Charles, Mo for OTD  $7,157. That of course does not include Georgia State tax. The deal sounded almost too good, so I decided to rent a van and go get the bike instead of wiring money and having it shipped. I also was concerned because I had read some unflattering reviews about Big St Charles. As it turned out, they were great with a 100% accurate representation of the deal.

I wasn't totally serious about buying a new Tracer; I usually buy low mileage used and was hoping to find one this winter for $5K or less. However, CycleTrader changed my mind when I saw the quoted price of $5999 for this deal, which was $1K less than the next best deal on CT, so I immediately called the dealer and made a deposit which was a good thing as a "special" rebate expired the next day. Or at least that's what I think they told me when I picked up the bike. Whatever 🙂

What made the deal even sweeter was Enterprise had a special cargo van rental rate with unlimited mileage for $59 per day. As a bonus, the van I got was brand new; it had 26 miles on the odometer. Long story short, I left Atlanta Friday morning at 8:00AM EST and got back Saturday morning at 6:00AM EST. I returned to the van to Enterprise with 1238 miles on the clock. My biggest expense was gasoline for the trip.

Another successful adventure buying toys, but if I deal with Big St Charles again, I'll definitely wire the money and have it shipped.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1