• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Auxiliary DC Connector?

vtwin996

1 hour ago, flyfifer said:

Cozza,

That is a superb write up on how to access the Aux plugs Mr. Yamaha provided.

Agree - and also have to thank the OP.   Just accessed this plug for the second time, and what a tedious process it is, but cozza's post makes it all so easy for a first-timer!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

I used the info and pictures on this thread to find a harness connector for my GPS, this forum is great.  I have one more piece of information I can add so here it goes.

I moved the rubber boot back to have better access to the DC connectors and found my GT has three connectors.  In the picture below, the white connector is used for the OEM installed cigarette lighter connector to the left of the TFT, it has a 2 amp fuse.  The black connector is identical to the white one (the same type of connector, also has a 2 amp fuse).  The gray connector is covered with a dummy end, I don't know what amp fuse it has, and the physical appearance of the connector is different from the other two.  All three connectors are wired to the ignition, they are off when the bike is off, they are on when the bike is on.

I ordered a second cigarette lighter connector part number 2SC-8254B-00-00 and will use it to connect the GPS leads.  I haven't decided whether to clip the wires and just attach the connector to the GPS wires, or use crimp connectors to this new cigarette lighter.  Either way, I am leaving the OEM connector undisturbed.

Accessory connectors.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

By coincidence I opened up the "electric box" today to have a look.

I thought I read somewhere there were three SPARE power connectors in there.. I obviously misunderstood or misread.

As runnerhiker's pic shows there is only one.

There is however lots of space so I intend to put my "Fuse Box" in there and use the Spare connector to "Switch On" imy fuse box.

GPS, LED lights and Hella/DIN power socket will get fed from the "Fuse Box".

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, flyfifer said:

I thought I read somewhere there were three SPARE power connectors in there.. I obviously misunderstood or misread.

There is however lots of space so I intend to put my "Fuse Box" in there and use the Spare connector to "Switch On" imy fuse box.

His photo is the area behind the windshield and there are at least 3 spare connectors there available that power on with the ignition.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Cozza's write up refers to Spare Connector, singular.

Runnerhiker's post/pic shows One Spare Connector.

I found only One Spare Connector when I opened up the screen area this afternoon.

Betoney, have you seen three ?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, flyfifer said:

Cozza's write up refers to Spare Connector, singular.

Runnerhiker's post/pic shows One Spare Connector.

I found only One Spare Connector when I opened up the screen area this afternoon.

Betoney, have you seen three ?

Yes, I have the factory 12v accessory outlet (to the left of the screen) connected, the 2nd one is powering my GPS, the 3rd one is powering my Denali running lights and I still have the remaining square black one that you can see in the photo.

You might have to dig around a bit, mine were tucked in a sort of rubber sheath, I cut it back to expose all of the connectors.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

45 minutes ago, betoney said:

Yes, I have the factory 12v accessory outlet (to the left of the screen) connected, the 2nd one is powering my GPS, the 3rd one is powering my Denali running lights and I still have the remaining square black one that you can see in the photo.

You might have to dig around a bit, mine were tucked in a sort of rubber sheath, I cut it back to expose all of the connectors.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, flyfifer said:

The black and the grey colored connectors are spare.  The white one is connected to the 12V plug just left of the TFT display.

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Other topics  refer to an aux plug under the tank. Is this aux plug also on the 2019 Tracer GT (saves me removing the tank to see)? If so, what amps does it carry (fused) and is it powered on, or always on? I am about to install my SW-Motech fog lamps and am exploring way to wire these.

Edited by Pupsi

Once you decide to do it, removing the Screen, The Adjuster Unit and the Lower metal plate, is extremely easy.

The fasteners all behave impeccably and line up on re-assembly with no fuss.

I would only add --- mark the four lower plate holes with a magic marker before taking the screws out, so no mistakes using the wrong holes on re-assembly.

• Thumbsup 1

24 minutes ago, flyfifer said:

Once you decide to do it, removing the Screen, The Adjuster Unit and the Lower metal plate, is extremely easy.

The fasteners all behave impeccably and line up on re-assembly with no fuss.

I would only add --- mark the four lower plate holes with a magic marker before taking the screws out, so no mistakes using the wrong holes on re-assembly.

I used the aux plugs behind the screen for the GPS. I'm curious to know if an aux outlet is available under the tank as I believe that would offer a simpler solution to wiring the fog lamps