Auxiliary DC Connector?

vtwin996

• Premium Member
On 6/5/2020 at 1:02 PM, Soullancer said:

does anybody know what kind of plug this white one that already is connected? The right one wasn't so hard to find, but a want a loose left white connector to connect some wires nicely.

Black and white which is also connected to cigarette lighter is this one:

s-l400.jpg

Fitted to most Ténéré/MT/Tracer/R6 models. This is the un-sealed square...

and the grey (similar connector is used for heated seat) is this one:

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Yamaha DC...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 10:23 AM, Motocheck said:

Black and white which is also connected to cigarette lighter is this one:

s-l400.jpg

Fitted to most Ténéré/MT/Tracer/R6 models. This is the un-sealed square...

and the grey (similar connector is used for heated seat) is this one:

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Yamaha DC...

Dang that top link there is the right connector, but he doesnt ship to the US...  the hunt continues!

12 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Dang that top link there is the right connector, but he doesnt ship to the US...  the hunt continues!

Easternbeaver.com

cycleterminal.com

www.corsa-technic.com

Edited by ruenjou
  • Thumbsup 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 12:45 PM, ruenjou said:

Easternbeaver.com

Good call. I'll reach out to Jim and see what he has. I've ordered from him in the past - for my other bikes - and his product is top notch. I have the Neutrino and wish I had just got another PC-8 that has far less issues. 

• 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

This may be a dumb question, but if I want daytime running lights that are on all the time (when the bike is on), can I just connect them to the switched spare port behind the dash and not use a switch/relay/fuse?

Yes, I did the same for Denali DRL’s

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I would only add that it would be a good idea to add an inline fuse if you are going to use the aux supply without a relay or smart fuse box device.

I am sure someone said what the current rating of the Yamaha Aux supply is but I don't recollect what it was.

Where can I get the electrical plug for this capped plugged power? I plan to add a USB port in the blank/capped hole on opposite side of the oem 12v socket. The USB socket I bought off Amazon has a on/off button but I would rather have the bikes switched power be at the key.

Stateside purchase preferred.

This is the socket I bought off Amazon.

Edited by roy826
  • Thumbsup 1

On 11/12/2020 at 7:20 AM, flyfifer said:

I would only add that it would be a good idea to add an inline fuse if you are going to use the aux supply without a relay or smart fuse box device.

I am sure someone said what the current rating of the Yamaha Aux supply is but I don't recollect what it was.

I think it is 2 amps (like the aux power socket).

Pic from service manual.

Regards;

Mark95866FA5-6FE2-4911-B1AC-4B5AA49FD430.thumb.jpeg.fe4126da735cd13d279c6817379143d5.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

I ordered the ebay gray plug to connect the USB port. Won't have it until almost Dec 4th from Poland. Oh well I'll wait it out. Never removed the cover on my 2020 GT to even match it up just flew off based on this thread. If its the wrong plug I'll just cut the sucker off and solder the wires to the device.

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I ordered the ebay gray plug to connect the USB port. Won't have it until almost Dec 4th from Poland. Oh well I'll wait it out. Never removed the cover on my 2020 GT to even match it up just flew off based on this thread. If its the wrong plug I'll just cut the sucker off and solder the wires to the device.

The grey cap that is on the power plug is actually a real connector, missing only the wires, pins, and rubber seals.   There are dummy black rubber plugs in the connector that you can just push out, then install the connectors and wiring just like you would in any other electrical connector.   I hooked up the same USB outlet you have, using the female connector that came on the bike.  

• Thumbsup 5

32 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

The grey cap that is on the power plug is actually a real connector, missing only the wires, pins, and rubber seals.   There are dummy black rubber plugs in the connector that you can just push out, then install the connectors and wiring just like you would in any other electrical connector.   I hooked up the same USB outlet you have, using the female connector that came on the bike.  

Yea I know but I don't even have the little metal connectors on hand. So even if my ebay plug is wrong style at least I'll have the metal connectors insde and the correct plugs to go with them into the plastic plug that is on the bike.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have hard wired my tom tom 550 to the spare grey port, i would also like to add a usb power port to the spare hole.

I have a splitter to fit to the grey port and wondered if any of you knowledgeable types would comment on whether its capable of powering both devices? Hope this makes sense!!?

Or should i use the spare black port tjats nestled in there? Chars