Magstad Shield

Got my new FJ 2/28. Love it. Much more nimble than my R1200RT. Wanted better wind protection than the stock shield so went looking.  

I I was pleased to find a manufacturer in Florida, not too far away.  Magdtad Engineering.  I called and talked to Mark, the owner.  He offered 20% off if I brought the bike to him.  His Dade City shop is 150 miles from My home in Cape Coral via US 17 to 98 to 301.  It was a great ride and contributed 310 miles to my break in.

I drove up Tuesday and couldn't be happier with the product and great customer service.  I highly recommend their adjustable shield.

So far I've added Ram ball mounts to the bar riser bolts, and Shogun Sliders. Factory side cases are on order.  

Can't add photos yet. Need to do more posts.

best to all

John

• Premium Member
Got my new FJ 2/28. Love it. Much more nimble than my R1200RT. Wanted better wind protection than the stock shield so went looking.   
I I was pleased to find a manufacturer in Florida, not too far away.  Magdtad Engineering.  I called and talked to Mark, the owner.  He offered 20% off if I brought the bike to him.  His Dade City shop is 150 miles from My home in Cape Coral via US 17 to 98 to 301.  It was a great ride and contributed 310 miles to my break in.

I drove up Tuesday and couldn't be happier with the product and great customer service.  I highly recommend their adjustable shield.

So far I've added Ram ball mounts to the bar riser bolts, and Shogun Sliders. Factory side cases are on order.  

Can't add photos yet. Need to do more posts.

best to all

John
This one? Is all the writing on it standard? At $230 - $250 and you have to remove the front supports of the hand guards? I think there are much better choices out there. I've seen products from Madstad in the past and have been greatly impressed, but this one misses the mark by a far margin. But this is just my opinion and looks are a subjective judgement. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters. magstad.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Guest fzrcraig
I'm not positive but I think that the writing on the windshield is an example of their custom engraving capability.

• Premium Member
Another Madstad fan here. I've had Madstad shields on two bikes in the past; a K-L-R 650 and 800 GS. IMO, there is no better solution.

That said, the shield in the picture posted above does look a little wide for the bike. Wonder if they will offer a version that is a tad narrower.

I winter in Zephyrhills, Florida, quite near Dade City where they are. Going to ride over & see their product range. I've a '14 Ninja 1000 ABS for Florida. The FJ-09 windscreen will be for the new bike once I get back to Lancaster, NY. I'll report back here shortly.

• 1 year later...
This is a great product, removes the turbulence and noise. I am 6'4" and found this to be great for my height. It is solid and well made. The only issue I have had is the crappy Yamaha wind screen mounting and adjustment brackets. The weight of the 24" screen is too much for the yamaha hardware, makes the screen a little wobbly. Will have to add something to make it a more sturdy.

Archived