Scorpion Serket Taper Stainless slip-on

captainscarlet

@iitywygms, I find that the top of the centre stand pad can hit the bottom of the silencer. It’s worth a check that you have clearance.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

9 minutes ago, BBB said:

@iitywygms, I find that the top of the centre stand pad can hit the bottom of the silencer. It’s worth a check that you have clearance.

Thanks for the heads up.  I actually trimmed the plastic piece to raise the center stand for more clearance.  Still have 1/4 inch clearance with no chance of hitting the can.

6 hours ago, jdavis said:

I found, and a few others, that the pipe is a tad restrictive at high rpm's. I drilled a few extra holes in the baffle to fix this problem.

Im running no baffle.  :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got one ordered and on it's way from MotoMachines and found a full system locally for $50 to chop up. 

Question, are you guys cutting before, after or centered on the weld? Planning on using a chop saw to make the cut and grinder to clean up accordingly. 

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, stizo said:

Finally got one ordered and on it's way from MotoMachines and found a full system locally for $50 to chop up. 

Question, are you guys cutting before, after or centered on the weld? Planning on using a chop saw to make the cut and grinder to clean up accordingly. 

When I cut mine I cut it just before the weld, if I was going to do it again I would try and cut as far back as possible.  I believe the instructions want you to have 15mm behind the O2 sensor, mine is a bit short but haven't noticed any exhaust leaking.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, stizo said:

I cut it to get my 15mm... wherever it landed on the pipe. Used a cutting wheel on an angle grinder and then spent a good chunk of time cleaning with a grinder and a file. Take your time and test fit frequently... you have one shot at it.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 3

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Looks great @stizo, have fun with it. Things to consider next (if you haven’t already) are an ECU flash and drilling a few holes in the baffle if you ride with it in.

• Thumbsup 1

13 minutes ago, BBB said:

Looks great @stizo, have fun with it. Things to consider next (if you haven’t already) are an ECU flash and drilling a few holes in the baffle if you ride with it in.

Thanks. Ecu has already been flashed for stock exhaust. Need to road test it to see if it needs to be redone (flat spots, sputters etc). Just revving in the garage and already opted for baffle out. 

10 hours ago, stizo said:

Thanks. Ecu has already been flashed for stock exhaust. Need to road test it to see if it needs to be redone (flat spots, sputters etc). Just revving in the garage and already opted for baffle out. 

Your tuner may reflash for free, but mine was definitely flat feeling on the standard tune with the baffle in. It’s definitely too loud with the baffle out for me, but a few extra holes gave me the best balance of sound and smooth performance.

• Thumbsup 3

5 hours ago, BBB said:

Your tuner may reflash for free, but mine was definitely flat feeling on the standard tune with the baffle in. It’s definitely too loud with the baffle out for me, but a few extra holes gave me the best balance of sound and smooth performance.

Took it out for a quick rip in the twisties and it pulls nice and smooth through all the gears. Sounds great. Baffle out btw. 

kOkJa9k.jpg

94rwvLf.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...