Scorpion Serket Taper Stainless slip-on

captainscarlet

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Any chance your heel hits it? I ride in the balls of the feet exclusively. Hard to tell from the picture.

I have size 12 boots and mostly ride on the balls of my feet as well, I have had no issues with hitting the exhaust.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 year later...

I was gonna get the Scorpion, but once I saw/read the reviews and the price of a full system Delkevic......I just had to get one. Sound with baffle in is about right overall, baffle out really highlights the music this CP3 is capable of. :) I also didn't like that I had to destroy the OEM system in order to install a slip on, but do like the looks of that Scorpion.

Edited by Ride365

Boy did I have a hell of a time last night getting the midpipe to slide on. The OD was fine, but that ID needed a hell of a lot of love on the OEM side. I'm not sure if there was some slag on the inside of the midpipe or the oem diameter was just off. Took a good hour with a sanding wheel to bring it to spec to even slip the bastard on, or at least get it to rotate for adjustment. Should be buttoning it up tonight. Otherwise pretty straight forward.

PXL_20221019_003547384.jpg

PXL_20221018_234921377.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Boy did I have a hell of a time last night getting the midpipe to slide on. The OD was fine, but that ID needed a hell of a lot of love on the OEM side. I'm not sure if there was some slag on the inside of the midpipe or the oem diameter was just off. Took a good hour with a sanding wheel to bring it to spec to even slip the bastard on, or at least get it to rotate for adjustment. Should be buttoning it up tonight. Otherwise pretty straight forward.

PXL_20221019_003547384.jpg

PXL_20221018_234921377.jpg

I had the same problem assembling the Scorpion on my 900 GT.

You should be ' happy as a pig among sh*t ' when you here the awesome sound from that can. 👍👍

If Scorpion did a slip-on for the 9GT, I would have have one again.

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

Jebus that's loud without the db killer lol. Yes it shoots flames. Yes any smokey within the county will hear me speeding. I'm 16 all over again. -1 for no sticker in the box. +10 for fit and finish. Also forgot to wipe my headers down before firing it up :(, Pfffff oh well.

PXL_20221019_233612792.jpg

PXL_20221019_233622608.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, kilo3 said:

-1 for no sticker in the box. +10 for fit and finish.

Mine had the Scorpion sticker already applied when it was shipped.  Its been a few years since I bought mine, I wonder if they changed their policy?  You should be able to get one on eBay.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Jebus that's loud without the db killer lol.

Allow me to introduce you to my little friend: 

00CD8D9C-880A-4FCF-9905-80CB50C5240D.thumb.jpeg.28be82b0d6382a75b3fb3ef786dd8e8c.jpeg

I’m really conflicted on stuff like this.  I don’t want to be “That Guy” disturbing all the neighbors, but damn these triples & twins sound nice with a proper exhaust.   😀

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, betoney said:

Mine had the Scorpion sticker already applied when it was shipped.  Its been a few years since I bought mine, I wonder if they changed their policy?  You should be able to get one on eBay.

oh the can sticker I took off, always need some stickers for the toolbox. lol.

• Thumbsup 2

9 minutes ago, Kenny A. said:

I never had the db killer out,so can't comment. 🤔

It's obnoxious at idle, but glorious anywhere else.

Just took it for a shake down over lunch.  With earplugs, which I always wear, I can barely hear it at 60 in 6th.
The best is 1-2-3 with the quick shifter, uhhh that sound.
I think i'll stick with the killer removed for a bit.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1